Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Builder 0.34.11v14 for Mac OSX  (Read 65313 times)

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Builder 0.34.08v11 for Mac OSX
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 12:13:22 pm »

Thanks Meph!

Not totally sure what you're asking but I do all my raw editing with regex as opposed to overwriting the raw files or something like that. I tried to make it stupidly simple to roll out new versions of apps and tilesets. It's all on github if you or Zenerbufen wants to see what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:57:58 am by plaidman »

Lord Bodak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »

Probably a stupid question...

I'm using Dwarf Builder for the first time since Jolly Bastion no longer includes the OS X app.  How do I go about adding the tilesets to Dwarf Builder?  I am guessing I can just replace the jolly_square and jolly_tall folders and that will work.  But what if I wanted to add a tileset that isn't already there?  How do I get it to appear on the dropdown list?

Forteano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

plaidman – I just popped in to express my deepest thanks. This is absolutely awesome.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:11 pm »

Probably a stupid question...

I'm using Dwarf Builder for the first time since Jolly Bastion no longer includes the OS X app.  How do I go about adding the tilesets to Dwarf Builder?  I am guessing I can just replace the jolly_square and jolly_tall folders and that will work.  But what if I wanted to add a tileset that isn't already there?  How do I get it to appear on the dropdown list?

Not a stupid question at all! You are spot on with replacing jolly tall and/or square. As for adding new tilesets, that feature is planned for v13.  V12 is going to update jolly and mayday (when Mike updates it).

Lord Bodak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

Not a stupid question at all! You are spot on with replacing jolly tall and/or square. As for adding new tilesets, that feature is planned for v13.  V12 is going to update jolly and mayday (when Mike updates it).

Thanks!  Everything seemed to work when I did that!  I do have one request (which I really think should be part of DF by default), can you make the default key bindings alias Comma and Period for < and >?  Are there really people playing the game needing to use the shift key for every Z-level change, or is everyone just remapping it out of habit?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »

I dont replace raws either, except when I change tilesets. I have metatags in the raws, for the many options that interlock. Some options change several different tags in different raws.

Anyway, I will tell zenerbufen about this, maybe you guys want to team up or something ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 07:56:41 am »

Thanks!  Everything seemed to work when I did that!  I do have one request (which I really think should be part of DF by default), can you make the default key bindings alias Comma and Period for < and >?  Are there really people playing the game needing to use the shift key for every Z-level change, or is everyone just remapping it out of habit?

Yep, I can have that out in v12, good idea!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:08 pm »

I keep it with shift, mainly because I pretty much always have my right ring finger on shift anyway. Also, instead of -+ for selectors, I use [] because they're closer to return and shift and I can do the page selectors easily with my left hand as the two row span is easier to do than the three row. Keeps everything pretty close together.

What do you remap . to in order to pause? I think I'd move it to /.

Oh, and has anyone worked out a solution for backspace on a laptop? I'd like to be able to rename things.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

Heh, with all these options, I might have to make a separate settings page just for keybindings! In v12, there will be an option to switch [,]&[.] with [<]&[>]. So pause/step will be [>]. In a future version (v13 or v14) I'll change that page's layout and give more toggles and settings for oft-changed keybindings: secondary menu navigation, z-level navigation, and anything else you guys suggest. v12 is mostly ready, I'd just like to wait for some graphics packs to update (or verification that they don't need to be updated from 0.34.08 to 0.34.09).

BTW, space is also used for pausing if you don't like using the [.] or [>] keys. =)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:37:45 pm by plaidman »

skatterbrainz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »

Maybe you could have a laptop option to reassign hotkeys from the f-keys to the number keys?  I always reset all the hotkey positions to 1-0 and shift+1-6, but this also means you have to delete all the directional movement for number keys.

Also, personally I reset <&> with comma and period for z movement and then make / the one-step key.  But I also set page up and page down to change z levels, and home/end for zoom in/out so I can move around with arrow keys, and then change z level or zoom just by holding the "fn" key.  Works pretty well.

Lord Bodak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 03:13:40 pm »

I keep it with shift, mainly because I pretty much always have my right ring finger on shift anyway. Also, instead of -+ for selectors, I use [] because they're closer to return and shift and I can do the page selectors easily with my left hand as the two row span is easier to do than the three row. Keeps everything pretty close together.

What do you remap . to in order to pause? I think I'd move it to /.

I honestly had no idea the . was originally mapped to anything.  The first DF package I downloaded had , and . mapped to the Z-level change, so I've always used that.  I see now that . is mapped to step by default.  The Lazy Newb Pack bindings move step to / which seems to be unused otherwise.  Maybe that's the way to go?  It would at least be consistent with LNP.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Builder 0.34.09v12 for Mac OSX
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 07:45:32 am »

DB has updated to v12! This version features DF version 0.34.09, some updated tilesets, updated memory locations, and added a few extra config options.

Dwarf Engineer seems to be busy or he hasn't heard about the new updates so I delved deep into the DT memory locations and tried to calculate them myself. According to my brief testing, they seem to be working fine but they are by no means "official". Please keep that in mind when running DT and let me know if anything breaks (with DT or anything else).

Enjoy!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 06:44:38 pm »

Plaidman, thanks for you work. I saw a post from dwarf engineer saying that Dwarf Therapist had been updated and to use the in-app update to pull the new offset. However I couldn't get it to work at all, do you mind if I use some of your work for Meph's masterwork mod? Up till now i've been using the same method as jolly bastion; platypus.

Have you looked at splinterz fork of Therapist?? He doesn't have access to a mac like we do, but he has hacked the offsets and even added a bunch of the new stuff that the official Therapist doesn't have. Honestly I haven't looked at the code yet, but it's based off of Dwarf Engineer's Therapist.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »

You can use whatever you want for Masterwork, zenerbufen, all the code is on github. I haven't tried to use the in-app update for DT so I'm not sure what's up with that. I've heard about splinterz' fork but I haven't been so bold as to try to compile it; I'm fine with the standard DT when I have time to play, which isn't much.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 07:53:37 pm »

Thanks. If I ever get around to getting splinterz fork to work on the mac I'll let you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6