Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Builder 0.34.11v14 for Mac OSX  (Read 65150 times)

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Builder 0.34.11v14 for Mac OSX
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

Dwarf Builder
For Mac OSX
0.34.11v14
Download Here
PDF Manual

Description:
This mac app will guide you through Dwarf Fortress configuration options and allow you to "roll your own" native mac app for Dwarf Fortress featuring the config options and tileset you chose. No need to deal with copying folders or editing init files. Basically it's an app which creates your very own customized Dwarf Fortress app. Easy Peasy!

How To Use It:
Click category names at the top of the window to see and change all the various options. When you're comfortable with the options, go back to the main menu and choose 'Construct DF'. The script will apply the settings and create a shiny new customized DwarfFortress.app in the directory of your choosing (defaults to the same directory as DwarfBuilder.app, or you may choose a different directory in the File tab).

This is NOT "Lazy Newb Pack for Macs":
If you're someone who frequently fiddles with config options, I recommend you use MacNewbie Pack from iXen. Dwarf Builder is more of a "set it and forget it" kind of mod. You set your options once, then it rolls up a separate DF app for you to use day to day. Once this is done, I don't want you to use DB anymore. In fact, I want you to use DB as little as possible; only when a new version of your favorite tileset or a new version of DF comes out.

Screenshots: (may be outdated)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Featured Options:

History:
0.34.11v14:
  Updated DF to 0.34.11.
  Updated Phoebus to 11v00.
  Updated Ironhand to v73.
  Update DT memory layouts.

Ironhand (Tileset and Font)
Phoebus (Tileset, Embark Profile, and Font)
AlexanderOcias (Jolly Bastion)
Meph (Masterwork Font, Extended Soundtrack)
Mike Mayday (Tileset, Embark Profile)
Vherid (Tileset)

Linkdragon (DF Icon)
MIK (DB Icon)

DwarfEngineer (Dwarf Therapist)
zwei (Sound Sense)
Cap'n Duck (Embark Profile, Tutorial Videos)

And of course, Toady and ThreeToe for this awesome game!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:34:26 pm by plaidman »

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Builder 0.34.07v2 for Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:31:25 pm »

Updated to v2 with quite a few updates. Look up at the first post to see the changes.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:03:41 pm by plaidman »

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Builder 0.34.07v3 for Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:07 am »

A small update to v3. This update includes more verbose compile output and fixes the "behind the window" issue when starting the program.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:04:00 pm by plaidman »

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Builder 0.34.07v4 for Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »

Here's another update to v4. This one includes support for installing or updating Dwarf Therapist alongside Dwarf Fortress. It also includes a new font (tuffy) and a new tileset (mayday).

I'm using my personal webspace to host this version because it is very much faster than DFFD. Assuming I don't go over my bandwidth (~500 downloads per month), I'll continue to host Dwarf Builder myself.

If you already have v3, this new version isn't necessary to download if you don't want to use Mayday, and already have Dwarf Therapist or don't use it. If you've already started a world in v3, and wish to upgrade, use the instructions provided in the "How To Update Saves" section of the first post.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:40:44 pm by plaidman »

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:10 am »

Thanks for a nice app! Some notes:

• I'd like to have the graphics option for DEFAULT_SQUARE, that's what I usually use. I love the ascii look but not in its "stretched" default
  • To save some time there could be an option to "open save folder" that would just open the folder from the .app package
Playing DF on a Mac.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:13 am »

Nice suggestions nono. I actually didn't even know that DEFAULT_SQUARE was an option. I found where the tileset is so it shouldn't be hard to add. Opening the save folder is a good idea too, I'll add it to the list.

laovel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »

Trying to help a new MAC user run this game and ran into multiple problems until I stumbled upon this app.

thanks so much!  might have a new player now... ;D

L.
(supporter)
------
Waiting for DF2010....

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »

Wow! Definitely gonna try this out. Sounds like a great idea.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »

Trying to help a new MAC user run this game and ran into multiple problems until I stumbled upon this app.

thanks so much!  might have a new player now... ;D

L.
(supporter)

It's so worth it, even if I help just one person. Thanks for downloading!

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »

Sorry for double post but I'm back again with a few thoughts/suggestions/etc.

First, would it be possible to have this app update Dwarf Fortress itself? I know that's a crazy thought, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Second, would it be possible to have the windowed x/y in the init be available? I usually adjust mine to fit my screen better, and especially since this is for macs (which tend to be widescreened) I think it'd be nice to have an option there so I don't have to go into package contents.

Third, I'd love to see support for some other utilities, especially Soundsense.

Overall, great work and I look forward to using this a lot!

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 06:01:37 pm »

Sorry for double post but I'm back again with a few thoughts/suggestions/etc.

First, would it be possible to have this app update Dwarf Fortress itself? I know that's a crazy thought, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Second, would it be possible to have the windowed x/y in the init be available? I usually adjust mine to fit my screen better, and especially since this is for macs (which tend to be widescreened) I think it'd be nice to have an option there so I don't have to go into package contents.

Third, I'd love to see support for some other utilities, especially Soundsense.

Overall, great work and I look forward to using this a lot!

Good thoughts, HL

1) If there's already an existing DF when you change settings, it'll keep the save games, but it currently won't update the raws. It'll also detect if there's already a DT installed, and just update the memory values, so you can keep your settings. Next version of DB will also update save raws (if you switch mods or tilesets or something).
2 & 3) You want window X/Y and Soundsense? You get window X/Y and Soundsense! You can look forward to them soon.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »

Awesome dude you rock!

Make sure the window x/y changes for both tileset and graphics otherwise it'll just be an exercise in frustration, either for those who want tiles or those who want graphics.

Also, what I meant was that it would be cool if it could somehow update automagically when Dwarf Fortress itself updates, like when 0.34.08 comes out for instance. I know that's probably not really possible, I'm just saying it would be sweet, haha.

Still, this is the best, I'll be using it for as long as I have a mac.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:12 pm »

Put a screenshot in your first post! Everybody loves screenshots.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:56 pm »

Awesome dude you rock!

Make sure the window x/y changes for both tileset and graphics otherwise it'll just be an exercise in frustration, either for those who want tiles or those who want graphics.

Also, what I meant was that it would be cool if it could somehow update automagically when Dwarf Fortress itself updates, like when 0.34.08 comes out for instance. I know that's probably not really possible, I'm just saying it would be sweet, haha.

Still, this is the best, I'll be using it for as long as I have a mac.

I have some ideas on how to do an automagic update thing but that might be something to leave for a much later version. Good idea though, I'll keep it in mind. =)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 05:38:46 am »

I've been going with DF on Mac for some time now, and so I've naturally learnt to do my own graphics and file editing and such.
Downloaded this to just test it out and see what's what:

Damn! This is really good. Streamlines the whole process. Very impressed, good work!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6