Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 160665 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1380 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:52 pm »

I played Might & Fealty for a very short while when it first entered open... alpha or beta, whichever one went public first. Wasn't much to see back then; I really liked how the army management worked. Ehndras's post inspired me to check it out again. It doesn't seem to have changed much, but I'm still enjoying it. I've gotten set up in two separate realms on two separate characters with four settlements each. Unfortunately, on one of those characters, the food tax that I am expected to pay is going to starve off around a fifth of my population...  :(
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 15, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

We should get a mod to split off the Might & Fealty posts.

Anyways, Helyg Derwyddon (the old Donghaiwei duchy of Morek Empire before it seceded) has attacked Astrum, claiming Caiyun (a holy region for Astroists) to bring it out from under the heel of the last remaining Theocracy. Our first assault failed to break through the significant militia arrayed behind the walls of the region, but we are taking advantage of our short travel time back to our capital to refit and assault it once again.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 15, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »

Oh the embarrassment. You were beaten by militia :)

I'm happily keeping tabs on what's happening while Luria does other stuff.
It's a game. Have fun.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 15, 2015, 11:03:37 pm »

Oh the embarrassment. You were beaten by militia :)

I'm happily keeping tabs on what's happening while Luria does other stuff.

Tis what happens when your realm is mostly populated by northern nobles, who haven't seen a true war in ages. Luckily I have an active and able Marshal to help me as General.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 18, 2015, 04:08:45 pm »

Consider yourself lucky. My character tends to make managing an army akin to wrangling cats. For no other reason than to annoy the marshal.

Well that, and I realized that I didn't actually have any enemies. Problem solved :)
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 20, 2015, 03:43:50 am »

And now, Luria Nova finally has a chance of being the Lurian Empire.

Because we're not totally inward looking now, and we have an Emperor.

Fuck yeah! Luria!
It's a game. Have fun.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 20, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

Currently the northern realms of Dwilight are a complete mess of !!FUN!! and I highly suggest people join them. Morek Empire isn't a threat anymore, and independent duchies have formed and are warring with each other. All of the realms are relatively active, with Arnor at war with Antiqualia while Helyg Derwyddon is taking advantage of the chaos and Luria's attack on Astrum to claim the holy land of Caiyun from Astrum.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 23, 2015, 12:44:51 pm »

In slightly more boring but promising news, Cagilan Empire on Atamara has lowered relations with Talerium to Peace from Alliance. This is likely to cause resentment in Talerium.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 23, 2015, 03:01:46 pm »

Oh, good. Atamara is a bit weird anyway, so the more resentment bordering on hatred, the better. I can understand that sort of stuff.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 27, 2015, 04:29:11 pm »

Heh. One of the players just paused their character. Talk about a 1-man power vacuum in the making.

He was a King, the head priest of ESA, chief Ambassador, Imperial Marshal, army sponsor, Lord of a townsland, and probably a few other things besides. In one small change, half of Luria's realm council just up and left, along with all kinds of other stuff too.

I can totally understand why he couldn't be buggered playing the character any more. His inbox must have been ridiculous every day.
It's a game. Have fun.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 27, 2015, 10:00:48 pm »

Heh. One of the players just paused their character. Talk about a 1-man power vacuum in the making.

He was a King, the head priest of ESA, chief Ambassador, Imperial Marshal, army sponsor, Lord of a townsland, and probably a few other things besides. In one small change, half of Luria's realm council just up and left, along with all kinds of other stuff too.

I can totally understand why he couldn't be buggered playing the character any more. His inbox must have been ridiculous every day.

There goes my support up north D:

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:08 pm »

Cold-Forged Arrow of Bloodletting, a weapon that gives +2 prestige.

Name                                           Type      Condition   Prestige
Cold-Forged Arrow of Bloodletting   Weapon  43 %           + 2

Discovered in Irvington, Luria Nova, Late-spring.

I guess this was the right time to come back. :)

I lost that arrow trying to repair it by getting my ass kicked - then died recently, so all's good

I did not know this topic was here until today...and i've been in b12 for a while
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:11 pm »

It's good to know there's a topic for all good games.

BM ain't for everyone. But it's a bloody glorious game.

Who would have thought a game about messaging, being a toff, and avoiding any responsibility wherever possible, would be fun?

It's like real life, but I'm a toff in BM.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:44:51 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 30, 2015, 02:53:09 am »

Cold-Forged Arrow of Bloodletting, a weapon that gives +2 prestige.

Name                                           Type      Condition   Prestige
Cold-Forged Arrow of Bloodletting   Weapon  43 %           + 2

Discovered in Irvington, Luria Nova, Late-spring.

I guess this was the right time to come back. :)

I lost that arrow trying to repair it by getting my ass kicked - then died recently, so all's good

I did not know this topic was here until today...and i've been in b12 for a while

I just lost it in Fissoa to some monsters I was fighting. Oh well.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 16, 2015, 07:22:15 am »

A very scary message was recently sent in this game. We're still not sure if it's RP for a laugh, a hoax or hack, a weird way of closing a game account, or horribly and terribly real.

This is not a way of getting someone into this game. Fuck that. All the players are seriously worried for this person's safety and life.

Ehndras, is there any details available in the backup stuff on BM of anything that can check if this player is ok? Or would you know who to contact to check this? Account is deleted, but there's always something in the database of users. Even an email to check if you're a new-new player or a returning person.

If anyone knows the player of this character in Battlemaster, can you please check if they're alright?

The name is synonymous with riots, etc, in America. But it's a fairly common name as well, I assume. There's more than one person with that name on Earth. It reads as an RP, to show writing skills, but you can never write something like that off, in case it's real and a last message.

The details of the OOC message. Spoilered, because, fuck. It's a worry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If anyone knows who this person is, and if they're ok, please help. We're all really worried.

It's a game about making up fictional characters and RPing them. This would be the most tragic thing ever, if it were real.

I'm not quite enough of an arsehole yet to not worry, regardless of a long line of hoaxing fuckwits. Sometimes things like this aren't a last message, but shows a slide into that frame of mind. So it's best to help or ask where you can.

Either way, if any on bay12 know the player, could you see if he's alright?
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95