Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 160066 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

Battlemaster is a sort of medieval low fantasy strategy game.
Everyone in it is either a noble or an adventurer.
I haven't messed with adventurers yet so go look at the wiki if you want a description of them. (adventurers while being able to do unique stuff have way less to do in the game)
As a noble you can own land in a kingdom or be appointed an estate on that land. There are levels above that but I've only been appointed a province so far.
There are a few different classes and sub classes of nobles as well. They mainly affect what kind of units you can recruit in your army or if you an even have an army at all and some other smaller details which I haven't bothered with.

I currently play only one character in the world of Dwilight which is a Serious Medieval Atmosphere world. Which means it's a bit more rp intensive. With all the sir's and my queens and such.
My noble is part of the realm Summerdale in Dwilight. We've got some nice rich provinces while having a tad too few nobles to really fill up all of them with estates.
And even then we started a war with one of our neighboring realms. And we trounced them in the huge battle we fought. Even though we were fewer in numbers our nobles were renowned enough to field larger individual armies. Which gave us an extra edge over them.

I'll wait a few days for the battle report on that huge battle I mentioned to time out and I'll post it here as example.

Battle report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do know that this is only a battle between two realms. I've seen a battle between two alliances of realms before and it lasted way more turns then 4.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:38:26 pm by Empty »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:18 pm »

For a minute I thought this was about the old GWS Table Top Wargame.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »

Looks interesting

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:51:23 am »

I'm attempting to play, but wow, it's information overload. There also seems to be a lot of waiting, but I guess that's normal considering it's a browser game. I'm currently in Asylon, wondering what to do.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 02:44:15 am »

I would love to join but alas, when I try to log in, all I see is the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once I get this to work, I'll be a happy, happy man. Serious Medieval Atmosphere? Hell yes please. Everything to avoid a giant mass of people who play to win.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 02:52:15 am »

~login works now
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:30:20 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:11 am »

I am going to try this out, i am going as a adventurer and going into the Dwilight, give me the best for luck and i give you best for notes.

*Edit-
Day 1: Just came to this new land, had to leave 'Old land' due to problems, now i here at Rye, this land is ruled by the Libero Empire, I am hoping to make a name for myself here, for now i am living with barely anything, so i search for some items but all i found was a Piece of Amber,so i went to fight some undead, i got some silver from the job, I am writing these notes so that one day, someone can read my story, wish me the best for dreams, Reader.

John
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:28:01 am by Evilsx »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51:45 am »

Trying to join too

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:48 am »

I am now active in Summerdale.

Beware Konrad Auenstedt for...well, no reason, actually.
Unless his archers suddenly turn into actually useful warriors someday.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:01 am »

If people still have problems signing up please mention it.
Also tell us what browser you are using.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:30 am »

Huh... thought there was already a thread for this, then realized that there wasn't when I used the search. 
I'm in the game, but pretty inactive, logging in whenever I remember to.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 11:58:47 am »

Just my $0.02.
I played Battlemaster for years, and eventually had a character that climbed the social ladder to Marshall, and then King.

In my experience, the pain of high-level political/military gameplay is sort of like the pain involved in playing capture the flag with random team mates, times 10-100 (depending on the size of your kingdom). When you are a small kingdom, perhaps with only a handful of nobles, and everybody knows and trusts each other, it's easy to coordinate and work as a team.
Once you're working with large kingdoms, involving dozens of people, not all of whom have English as their first language, in different time zones, coordination can become a nightmare. Every move into enemy territory ordered becomes a game of trying to get orders out as early as possible (but not *too* early, because you don't want people to move before the turn).
There are many ways to mitigate the problem (concentrating force in the hands of a few, making warfare a matter of being where the enemy isn't), but many of the roots of the problem are systemic.

This doesn't come up when you're playing at the low level... then you're mostly going where your generals tell you, using the settings you're told, and learning how to fence with your spare gold. If that, plus a heavy RP environment shivers your timbers, BM is one of the best things out there.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:04 pm »

Battlemaster is still being worked upon though.
The game has changed a lot since the half year I've been playing.
(I'm looking at you lovely new food and estate system :P)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »

Just to make it clear. Everyone (Except a few exceptions but those are special cases) in battlemaster is human.
So rping you are a dwarf would be a clear nono. Though there's nothing against rping a small "boned" person who loves to never shave.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 01:10:21 pm »

Just wanted to say that I signed up as Corwin Cortobel last night and am on my way to help Summerdale. Looks like a number of other bay12ers have had the same idea. It looks like a lot of fun, but I hope that people understand the whole human only thing. It's nice to know that the bay12 community is on board, but it doesn't always have to be dwarf related, yanno?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95