Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 160097 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:07 pm »

Well, now I'm scared. I've only got 23 men in my unit D:
Hope the local lord comes online soon so I can do whatever I need to officially join.

ETA: Apparently there is no local lord, and I sent a message to the guy who used to rule on the other side <_<;

Anyway, I "survived" my first battle! By which I mean a single unit (led, ironically enough, by the dude I sent a message to earlier) attacked, and was driven off by the large number of garrisoned archers that I didn't know about without injuring a single one of our troops. But hey, free honor.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:39:32 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 12:54:45 am »

Ah, oh wow. Travel time is harsh - I'm currently on my way to the capital which will take FOREVER and after concluding my business there, I'm likely going to trek to a different location altogether, this one distant as hell.

But I like this medieval correspondence simulator aspect. Even though I put thirty minutes of writing and then another thirty minutes of double-checking and research into every letter - especially the ones as long as this post.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:19 am »

Alright. Details Details: What do I do if I want to get in on this, and how far can I rise? Also, any microtransactions or similar that I should know about now before I get into the game?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:43 am »

I haven't seen any signs of microtransactions so far, but I'm pretty new myself. And it looks like you can rise all the way to king or queen, but I'm guessing that would take a very long time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 07:14:12 am »

There are no microtransactions whatsoever.  Never have been any from all my time playing it... a few years.

The game is social, if you have the drive, ambition and charisma, you can become Monarch/Dictator/Presidente.

Top 4 Positions
Monarch/Dictator/Presidente
Judge
General
Banker

Those are the top 4 positions of a kingdom.  Kingdom laws determine how those positions are chosen. 
Monarch/Dictator is elected once and is the boss for life.  Whenever the boss is disposed of, a new election pops up for the next boss.
Presidente is elected every month.
Judge/General/Banker can be chosen by election every month or be appointed by Monarch/Dictator/Presidente.

Other positions...
Sponsor: The financial backer of an Army.  Usually a Duke/Lord/Lady sponsors an army since they have income.
Marshall: Leader of an army.  Chosen by the Sponsor.
Sub-Marshall: Second in command of the army.  Chosen by the Sponsor
Duke: Own and manage a city.  Very high income, but also greater responsibility... the city people require food that you have to buy from the Lords/Ladies... or foreigners.  Needs some knights, I think 1 is enough.  (Usually a for life position...)
Lord/Lady: Own and manage a province/town... income/food production ranges.  At least 1 knight is needed to properly manage the province/town.  (Usually a for life position...)
Knight: Has an estate in one of the provinces/towns/cities.  With that, your source of income is from that province.  Can be assigned into an army by the master they  have sworn fealty to.
Noble: Unlanded nobles.  You don't really have much of an income... Find a Lord/Lady/Duke willing to provide an estate to you.
Adventure: A commoner or bastard.  Hunt monsters and undead.  Adventure.  Loot unique items.  Get thrown into prison by ornery +noble.

How elections can work.
1) Everyone has an equal vote.
2) Everyone can vote, the votes of Lords/Ladies/Dukes count for more.
3) Only Lords/Ladies/Dukes can vote.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 09:00:01 am »

Sounds good.

So I should sign up for Summerdale, in Dwilight? Something about Duchies as well. And who am I pledging my loyalty?

Also, any shorefront property would be preferable, so long as I'm not going to be invaded by the sea.  ;D

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 09:41:07 am »

Wouldn't know the details, I'm currently in Asylon.  Duchy of Nifelheim is a good start for Summerdale since it seems to be the capital.

Also, forgot to mention... you can become a priest and go around preaching and fomenting hate and intolerance.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:32 pm »

So... Apparently I'll need to strive towards being able to change my "family home" at some point. Supposedly it can be done under "certain circumstances," anyone have a clue in that department?

I selected Valkyrja in character creation, but it threw me in Nifel anyways (I've been told this might have been the server being experimental?).

Anyways, I'm on my way to Valkyrja and hopefully some day I can move my family home there.  :'(

By the way, I'm in as Olek Havens.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »

Moving the family home requires family wealth, a good portion of it... and probably other stuff.

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 04:18:38 am »

Moving the family home requires family wealth, a good portion of it... and probably other stuff.

Hello, I come from the BM forums to give you guys a hand. Also play DF, but that's another matter.

In order to move your family home you need a character with the Sub-Class "Hero", but don't choose that lightly. Heroes participate in the front of the combat, so there is a small chance every battle they are in that they will die. They also have some bonuses (can tell their tales to improve the morale of the peasants, change their family home and call for volunteers to join his army), and some restrictions (cannot do Civil or Police Work, which is under their station).

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 08:37:40 am »

Greetings!

I'm one of the developers on BattleMaster (and I've been playing DF since about v0.31.12), and I'll be happy to help out with any issues or confusions people have that the other players on here can't handle.

Glad to see the communities for these two games starting to get together :D

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 09:31:18 am »

I'm one of the developers on BattleMaster and I'll be happy to help out with any issues or confusions people have that the other players on here can't handle.

Just as a heads up: there was a strange bug when I created my character. I selected to start in the dutchy of Valkyrja during the creation process (had a backstory/RP planned out and all  :-[), and when my I entered the world my messages screen showed my duchess as that of Valkyrja but it spawned me in Nifel and made that my family home. I still plan to head out to Valkyrja and settle in an estate there but...

In order to move your family home you need a character with the Sub-Class "Hero", but don't choose that lightly.

I was hoping there was a less death-inducing way to make Valkyrja my family home. Sucks about my bug then, I guess.  :-\

Velax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:40 am »

Feel free to come join Arcaea on the Far East Island, too. Plenty of room, and there's a big war on the horizon. :)

JPierreD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24:08 pm »

I was hoping there was a less death-inducing way to make Valkyrja my family home. Sucks about my bug then, I guess.  :-\

Well, to be fairly honest the location of your family home doesn't change much. Mine was on the other side of the island for quite a while, before my Hero character moved it.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 12:50:26 pm »

Just as a heads up: there was a strange bug when I created my character. I selected to start in the dutchy of Valkyrja during the creation process (had a backstory/RP planned out and all  :-[), and when my I entered the world my messages screen showed my duchess as that of Valkyrja but it spawned me in Nifel and made that my family home. I still plan to head out to Valkyrja and settle in an estate there but...

Yeah, that's an unfortunate bug we just learned about. It's primarily due to the fact that we're in the middle of a major coding transition (porting all our old procedural code over to OO, using Doctrine), and stuff that hasn't been converted yet doesn't always interact well with stuff that has. It'll probably take another few months to finish the transition, but once it's done, we've got a lot of big plans to make the game better—for everyone, but especially for new players.

But, as JPierreD mentioned, the location of your family home doesn't make a huge difference to the game experience as a whole.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 95