Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 160100 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 01:11:44 pm »

In order to move your family home you need a character with the Sub-Class "Hero", but don't choose that lightly.

I was hoping there was a less death-inducing way to make Valkyrja my family home. Sucks about my bug then, I guess.  :-\

To be fair, your character will grow old and senile sooner or later anyways. 
I've managed to make an epic Hero/Duke in Giblot/Colonies way back when.  But yea, stagnation is what killed the fool in the end... not a glorious fight in the field of battle.... I think... I don't really remember.

Either way... it was such a sad end for a Hero like him...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lorgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »

To be fair, your character will grow old and senile sooner or later anyways. 
I've managed to make an epic Hero/Duke in Giblot/Colonies way back when.  But yea, stagnation is what killed the fool in the end... not a glorious fight in the field of battle.... I think... I don't really remember.

Either way... it was such a sad end for a Hero like him...

It's the hero's curse. If you want your character to die, he'll live. But if you've got a whole lot planned for him, he'll die in some stupid battle. :)

(So yeah, I heard about this topic from Empty and thought to come and check it out because there's really a whole bunch of realms that could use new nobles. :) )

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »

Holy shit... Is this... What i think it is? Man, blast from the past used to play this yeeeeaaaars ago is it still goin' strong?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lorgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »

Holy shit... Is this... What i think it is? Man, blast from the past used to play this yeeeeaaaars ago is it still goin' strong?

Hehe. I've been playing this game for... 9 years now (holy shit) and it has changed a lot over the years but I still enjoy it as much as when I started. :)
Probably more now even.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 04:54:09 pm »

Sweet, im interested in trying it out again, are most of us still on dwilight, summerdale?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

Summerdale is the place to go it seems.

Much room is to be had in Asylon too if you are looking for a different place to park a 2nd noble....   Or... you can have 2 nobles in Summerdale.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

I strongly encourage people to spread out their characters. All landing in one realm at the same time can burden that realm, and also cause suspicions of bad behaviour.

A good time can be had on all the continents, though I must admit that I, too, am partial to Dwilight. I'm pretty sure that any realm on Dwilight would be a reasonably good one to start in.

Lorgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

Much room is to be had in Asylon too if you are looking for a different place to park a 2nd noble....   Or... you can have 2 nobles in Summerdale.

Nope. Dwilight is a 1-noble only continent. But there's still plenty of other continents and cool realms out there. Dwilight may be the only continent where Serious Medieval Atmosphere is enforced, but there are very few players nowadays who don't play their characters as real medieval nobles (time and place that those nobles are based on varries). The only difference really is that in some realms on the other continents there's a little more silliness. :)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

Ah, thanks for the correction, havn't bothered to make a 2nd noble there myself.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:18 pm »

K, so I signed up and stuff and now im a minor noble of Summerdale, Robert irkheart (soon to be EarnHeart), and I'm not too sure what to do next round, i've put my men through some normal training and mingled with the damnable peasentry. I'm curious is messaging the only form of communique in game? Also, I'm a bit confused (maybe I didn't read thorughly enough) how to make money; lastly, should I head to thr capital?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »

K, so I signed up and stuff and now im a minor noble of Summerdale, Robert irkheart (soon to be EarnHeart), and I'm not too sure what to do next round, i've put my men through some normal training and mingled with the damnable peasentry. I'm curious is messaging the only form of communique in game? Also, I'm a bit confused (maybe I didn't read thorughly enough) how to make money; lastly, should I head to thr capital?
Messaging: Yea only form of communication.
Money: Find a lord/duke willing to take you in as a Knight.  Message the realm asking.
Capital: It is where you recruit more soldiers.  Usually other stuff you can do there too, like banking and what-not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:19 pm »

Forget going to the capital right now. We're preparing for an attack on another realm, and we need nobles ASAP.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

Forget going to the capital right now. We're preparing for an attack on another realm, and we need nobles ASAP.
I'm pretty sure a brand new noble with 16 infantry or archers is going to do wonders.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure a brand new noble with 16 infantry or archers is going to do wonders.
It's all we got after a bug allowed a conquered region to instantly revert to the old realm controlling it - AFTER Summerdale packed the region with militia units.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

what should I include in my letter to the realm? and who should i address it to? are there people I should exclude?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 95