Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 160063 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1410 on: August 26, 2016, 01:00:32 pm »

I quit after playing for about a year and a half for the same reason. I'd spent all that time working on my char in western Dwilight and building up a kingdom, and then out of nowhere they made western Dwilight uninhabitable and in an instant everything I'd done in that time was gone. I had no reason to keep playing after that so I left and didn't look back.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:29 am »

Meh. Game got tiring for me and I quit too, a while back. Became a massive pain in the ass and was taking time out of more important things, just so I could log in to a billion messages and argue with idiots. Was seriously not enjoying the game toward the end, more of a stressful chore than entertainment.

So what's going on in the world these days? Did Fissoa (Dwilight) ever implode?

Whatever happened to Xavax?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 15, 2019, 09:49:07 pm »

I wonder if people here still play this.
This is a fun little browser text-based game that needs more players.
What it offers: roleplay, medieval politics simulator and strategic combat.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:05 pm »

I quit back when they shut down half of Dwilight, haven't thought about it since you last posted here in 2016. It's fine, but even for browser games, there's better games out there. At this point I think you should stop necroing this thread.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:20 am »

I do think necroing this thread is better than creating new ones every few years.

Also I'd be really excited to learn about other browser games which are similar but better in your opinion.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:54 am »

Haven't played in a few years, but I don't see the harm in how older games are doing these days, right?

wereboar - Would be interested in how your noble family is doing, or recent changes to the game :)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 17, 2019, 11:41:15 am »

There are changes and fixes every few months but nothing super major. The most important was probably infantry and archers being somewhat rebalancedand more RP elements added (heraldry builder, character description page, erecting monuments, etc.)

As to my current noble family, my Lurian infiltrator was executed the other day. Got one upped by my political enemies. It's a long story that spans months of development. Long story short: a while ago she joined an enemy realm as a spy, helped orchestrate a military raid on it, got apprehended by her original realm's soldiers during the campaign, got framed by the judge (we hated each other's guts forever) as a double agent and executed. That sucked. :(
My other character though is a king of Perdan on Eastern Continent. We are fighting a war with the combined host of the northern realms with just Vix Tiramora as our sole ally. Really enjoy that character and that realm too. We have 24 nobles in the realm right now and a really strong military which has allowed us to stay afloat during this insanely one-sided war. Right now we're having a bit of an inside shitstorm, general having entered in a major row with his marshals. So the military is in disarray and we might just start losing the war after all. But hopefully not.
My last character is a mercenary knight on Belauterra continent. He is roaming from one realm to another wherever there is conflict and people are willing to pay. Right now he serves in a theocratic realm in the far south and is mostly fighting against roaming monsters and rogues. But there have been news that in the far north Gotland has attacked Caelint, which will invariably force Thalmarkin, Ar Agyr and other Northern Alliance realms to support Gotland, while Nothoi and Angmar will reinforce Caelint. Maybe Grehkia will also get involved, but that's unlikely given how they hate getting involved with anything. So I'm considering travelling north and offering my sword to the highest bidder. Always more fun to fight a war against other human realms than rogues.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 24, 2019, 10:10:55 pm »

Well, started playing Battlemaster again. Yet-another-low-RP-character.

Definitely not going to do anything. Or message anyone. Have an estate in a city. Will probably just wander around scouting stuff and have heaps of gold because I have nothing to spend it on.

I hope it ends up like that.

For Westgard!

(it's terrifying how addictive this game is. Sort of like an "old habit" that you totally won't ever touch agin. It's kind of like an old girlfriend that will always take you back. I mean, she's got a shit family, but when you were good together, she made your mind work and let you speak like a gentleman)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:16:54 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 25, 2019, 08:27:41 am »

No strings attached, mate. So much better than your ex. :P

Jokes aside, consider making a character in Perdan, EC. We are really about to reach the turning point in the war and every knight counts!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 27, 2019, 01:15:54 am »

Well, I've got one there now. Ishnaf el Gato.

Strangely enough, I just jumbled sounds together for the naming of this character, because I'm getting lazy, but after a quick Google Translate apparently it means "workmanship" in Armenian. Also a vaguely Arabic surname, probably meaning the same (?).

So off to work, I mean war, I go :)

"Workmanship of the Cat". Has a nice ring to it I think. In a slightly "oh dear gods, what the hell is he going to do now? He doesn't seem to understand the concept of orders" kind of way. Lol.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:32:03 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 12, 2020, 03:36:41 am »

So is there still any on here interested in this game? There's a couple of realms that could use some new nobles, especially on Dwilight and Beluaterra.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1421 on: September 20, 2020, 10:55:59 am »

Gave it a honest try... The community is twenty years old and doesn't seem to have been breathing that much. Plus, the game advertizes itself as low fantasy, but in effect the community is pretty open to disreguard established rules and to make shit up as they go, resulting in derpiness all accross the board. The strategy side of the game is very slow, so in one week I did mostly experience waiting times and the rp is bonked.

Hard pass for me

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 21, 2020, 08:28:59 am »

Been playing consistently for about a year and yeah the map size is currently much larger than the community size. Having some extra space wouldn't normally be too much of an issue in a game, but Battlemaster is built around conflict with others, and there are a large number of rules that prevent kingdoms from having too many provinces. Which leads to groups having no reason to fight each other because they already have too much territory.

I enjoy it casually but to be really interesting I think they'd need to cut down the map size by 50% (speaking about Dwilight, don't have familiarity with other maps, but I assume the same is true), but the long-time runners/players seem very hesitant to change the map instead adding more rules which make it harder to own territory.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]