Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 40+ Idlers... Plenty of workshops up and running already... What now  (Read 1530 times)

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40+ Idlers... Plenty of workshops up and running already... What now
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 05:01:12 am »

I have jsut recieved another 20 migrants in my fortress and I have full furnace operations, full workshops in full speed, and more random crap then I can handle... I have also conscripted about 15 more units to my existing 5 (yes 5 soldiers) and I have also a captain of the gaurd, a baron, a dragon, and A LOT of prisoners (my animal stockpile is FULL of prisoners) and I have a massive amount of traps around my fortress and I ALMOST domesticated wolverines and giant wild boars (I am curentyl experimenting crundles right now) I also have made a wall of traps leading to the only way up the mountain, so anything comming DOWN from it, is trapped, and stragglers would be killed. I have also taken down two sieges, hence the amount of soldiers captured. I forgot to mention I HAVE NOT YET found candy, but I found a giant pit and two DEEP AS HELL magma pools (not literally).

My big question: what now?

Do you have an execution room for those prisoners, so you can train your soldiers more?
How about a mass execution tower?
You've breached the caverns, right?  Do you have any ways to seal off areas of your fort, in the event you get an FB with a really, really nasty syndrome?
In a similar vein, do you have any traps set up that would work on Forgotten Beasts?
Do you have a magma industry set up (magma smelter/forge/glassworks)?

Finally, do you feel ready to try out the HFS?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 06:02:08 am »

Put every single cat, rabbit, cavy, and duck into a 3x3 pit.

X X X
X X X     <---- the pit
X X X

Then, toss dwarves into it. See how long it takes them to get killed by harmless critters.

Bonus Fact: !!SCIENCE!! Has proven that it takes about 50-60 ducks to kill a giant.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:56 am »

I have jsut recieved another 20 migrants in my fortress and I have full furnace operations, full workshops in full speed, and more random crap then I can handle... I have also conscripted about 15 more units to my existing 5 (yes 5 soldiers) and I have also a captain of the gaurd, a baron, a dragon, and A LOT of prisoners (my animal stockpile is FULL of prisoners) and I have a massive amount of traps around my fortress and I ALMOST domesticated wolverines and giant wild boars (I am curentyl experimenting crundles right now) I also have made a wall of traps leading to the only way up the mountain, so anything comming DOWN from it, is trapped, and stragglers would be killed. I have also taken down two sieges, hence the amount of soldiers captured. I forgot to mention I HAVE NOT YET found candy, but I found a giant pit and two DEEP AS HELL magma pools (not literally).

My big question: what now?

- Train som extra miners with an underground tree farm (and use them in some daring new project).
- Sounds like you need some mass pitting to train a shiny new squad of spears with those captives.
- Alternativ to pit: Make huge and extravagant arena; with glass windows for spectators and carved fortifications for archers, food, drinks, statues and so on.
- Stone detail duty is always an option, or making roads. Empty all rooms for stone.
- Do you need a special stone moved to above ground perhaps for a future megaproject? (nice idea with that sword). Try making it look good in stonesense/overseer.
- Do you have enough magma? :p

Having 40 idlers is not really a problem though.
Pages: 1 [2]