Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migrants ditching clothes upon gonig to meeting hall?  (Read 1158 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Migrants ditching clothes upon gonig to meeting hall?
« on: April 10, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »

Title says it all, I have migrants that come to my fortress and on the way to the meeting hall, they ditch random pieces of clothes...
Its usually hats and gloves, but... WTF!?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants ditching clothes upon gonig to meeting hall?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »

they just noticed you got a more comfy pair of socks, so they'll use that.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:31:17 am »

they just noticed you got a more comfy pair of socks, so they'll use that.

What's annoying about this is the owner tag remains, so nobody else picks it up or will use the previous item.  After a dozen seasons the fortress we're suppose to be proud of... looks like it's being run by a bunch of lazy slobs.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 03:31:13 am »

the owned tag should go away after a time in the newest version.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:12:48 am »

If the owner has a room with a cabinet, they should pick up and store owned items they are not wearing, too.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:36 am »

the owned tag should go away after a time in the newest version.

Except...

If the owner has a room with a cabinet, they should pick up and store owned items they are not wearing, too.

What happens in my fortress is my dwarves drop 8 pieces of owned, worn clothing on the tiles of their 3x3 room around the bed.  So I put a cabinet in.  And then they fill up the cabinet with 8, or 10, or 12 pieces of clothing (I never did figure out the capacity of a cabinet, or how it's determined, or why it seems to vary randomly), and leave another 7 pieces of owned, worn clothing on the other 7 tiles of their room.

And so on.  It's especially bad with married dwarves, because then I've got two of 'em doing it.  And almost every immigrant is married now.

Ironically, it's actually better if I don't let them have a cabinet, because then they can't move all their old clothes into their room.  So then the owned clothing eventually becomes unowned, and someone else can pick it up and wear it (or put it their room...).

Dwarves seriously need to stop hoarding their old clothes and give some away to charity, or to the garbage pile.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:47:30 am »

Urist McShameless cancels Wear Clothes: attending party