Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bay12 Northwest Meetup Thread (U.S.) - For Reals This Time  (Read 3592 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Northwest Meetup Thread (U.S.) - For Reals This Time
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »

Sorry, I just got home from quite an adventure. Was on my way, got mugged in Tacoma, walked back to Olympia. So uh, I should be there next time. Sorry to everyone (if anyone) that did show up, I feel awful about planning this and then not even making it there.

Mugged? What.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 06:28:49 pm »

Sorry, I just got home from quite an adventure. Was on my way, got mugged in Tacoma, walked back to Olympia. So uh, I should be there next time. Sorry to everyone (if anyone) that did show up, I feel awful about planning this and then not even making it there.
Jeez, sounds like a far walk (I think. Mt. Olympia is in the south, so like... Olympia must be near there, right? Or something?). I did show up, but I never get out of the house and I, dare I say, ENJOYED walking around there for a couple hours.

Oh, right, parking's hard to find, and my mom had to pay to be able to park somewhere for two hours (maximum allowed there, some meters have 4 hours max), so maybe people might not wanna come by car unless someone else is going to be picking them up/dropping them off. Just a suggestion for those with cars. Or maybe one person can bring a car to bring us around, depending on whatever we plan on doing?

Perhaps if we re-plan this, could it be on the other side of the border? I don't have a passport.
Maybe we can plan two of them out, because there's no way I can afford to travel all the way across the state, let alone all the preparation that would be required to do so.

Also, for those wanting a map, one already exists. You don't even have to register to add yourself to it.

EDIT:
I registered bay12meetup on tinychat.com. Somebody bring a webcam to the meetup in meatspace so you can stream video.
There are signs around showing where you are and where wifi hotspots are. There is wifi around, and you can find networks and all, but I couldn't successfully connect to any until we went to one of those areas, which for me was the food court.
Again, my laptop has horrid battery life (turns out it only had a single hour of power, fully charged too), but maybe I can ask my mom about bringing a power supply thing we have. It's pretty heavy though, so I'm not bringing it unless we won't be moving too much, or if we are, then there aren't enough people to carry it around (it's not big, so even one person could haul it around, but it's still pretty heavy, and I wouldn't wanna dump it on one person, and I'd need my arms for my laptop if it's gonna be on and all).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:27:30 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »

Mugged? What.
Right, that takes a bit of explaining. I got my bus ticket on Friday with the plan of staying with some relatives until the meetup. I made it so a station somewhat north of Tacoma, which in retrospect was actually almost in Seattle. (Looking at Google maps just now.) I wouldn't have stopped, but I really needed to use the restroom. On my way there, my coin bag was stolen from my belt, and I found my wallet on a bench after some searching, meager cash missing. I'm actually fairly impressed, since that was in my front pocket. And the thief had the decency to leave my various cards in their sealed holders. It was only about 55-ish miles from my place in Olympia, but I didn't have the know-how to get around Seattle so late at night, especially with a dead phone. Luckily, I had brought my survival backpack, including a couple meals, a tent, and some blankets. So I found some woods some distance from the highway and chilled there for the night. On Saturday I made my way southward, taking a somewhat-parallel-to-the-highway route and arrived back home sometime in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

So uh, when do you guys want to try again?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2013, 02:38:27 am »

snip
Jesus. That must've sucked. At least your wallet was still there at all.

So uh, when do you guys want to try again?
I'm free all this week, but come Monday, I'll be gone on weekdays from 12 to around 3ish. I don't think it'd be a big deal to break out of that schedule for a day though. It should be fine if I know when it'll be in advance, preferably a few days so.

We should get some more concrete details in the OP, like the meeting location, what we might be doing, who/what to look for to identify the group (for example, I'll be carrying around a Sounders drawstring backpack), if money will be needed, when we're meeting up, etc. Maybe just list those things there and fill them out as we go. It'd be good to confirm how many people will be coming too so we don't miss anyone.

Anyone else got any schedulistic input so we can begin deciding on a time/date?
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]