Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Most awaited long term goal?  (Read 9871 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Most awaited long term goal?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »

Multi-race fortresses.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

Continueing world gen during and after fort mode.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »

DF reaching a sentient state and genetically engineering us so that we all become alcohol-dependant, and women grow beards
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 01:31:42 pm »

More than seiges, I want the ability to send out troops to conquer things. I'd also like to lead and fight with armies in adventure mode. The dwarf mode commerce ovrhaul with inns and taverns will be awesome too though.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:40 pm »

Continueing world gen during and after fort mode.

Multi-race fortresses.

These would be awesome.

Also I hope the trade arch has some neat features, like being able to manipulate foreign civ's through trade. Like causing starvation in an elf civ, and an iron shortage in a goblin civ. Or on a positive note, bolster your own civ's resources, or a neighboring friendly civ's so they can defend themselves better or expand more. Maybe make a civ that didn't have steel available at embark, have it for future embarks. Or lower and raise the embark point cost of certain items. Or at a more granular level make societies like certain religions, or guilds (castes) within civs more powerful or dominant, or less so.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:46:38 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 02:09:24 pm »

Performance improvements, so I can have all the other awesome features without melting my computer.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »

I want to see AI improvements, really.

I want to see dwarves and other NPCs with personalities and quirks and backstories with depth that will make people actually care about individual characters and see them as thinking beings with a personality, rather than just wholly interchangeable automatons. 

I want to see the Sims beg for mercy when DF becomes not just a simulator of construction or a world, but capable of zooming down to the individual, and still telling a story worth listening to without having to have players interject their own narratives into it.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

More interesting sieges, definitely.

But only if the AI and interface allow you to defend against them in a reasonable way instead of the Ultimate Stupidity we have to make do with today.
<3

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 05:44:19 pm »

Multithreading!

But for gameplay, being able to send out expeditions to war/trade with neighbors will be cool.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 06:24:28 pm »

The core of the Magic framework.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »

We already have that...

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 12:47:15 am »

Bigger walls would be harder to climb and maybe if you make buildings out of smooth rock blocks instead of the just the normal rough rocks it might be harder to climb since you have nothing to grab on to? Also lack in strength or tiredness might cause the climber to fall causing fall damage. If they get shot they also might fall. Just some ideas.

Really it's the diggers I'm concerned about, since the climbers/bridge builders/whatever will just be like different versions of fliers.

Diggers are not that bad, constructed walls, floors and ceilings will mitigate them I'm pretty sure.

How much constructed floors and walls do you think you will need to cover your ENTIRE fortress?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 02:31:59 am »

Yeah, diggers would be pretty bad. Balanced by being pretty slow, so you can see them coming. And marksdwarf emplacements would be able to pick off a lot of them, leaving the diggers themselves to be hacked to bits by your troops.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 03:10:50 am »

We already have that...

We have a magic system that's procedurally generated on every world? Wanna point me to the dev notes for that? Right now we have a single power and a rationalization for how we get it. Even Toady has said it's an isolated example he's hard-coded into the game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:06 am »

We already have that...

We have a magic system that's procedurally generated on every world? Wanna point me to the dev notes for that? Right now we have a single power and a rationalization for how we get it. Even Toady has said it's an isolated example he's hard-coded into the game.

No, we don't have that, but we do have the core: the interaction system already built into the game. Already, some amazing magic has come out of that; see Dwarf Chocolate especially for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4