Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v2.01.00  (Read 13141 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC (v1.30: now with graphics export for stonesense!)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

Installed the java runtime but still having a hard time running the .jar files themselves unfortunately. Which specific java application should i be using to run these. (javaws,javaw,java,javacpl)
Sorry for being noobish. I keep getting "Server could not find or load main class raw ssense. Any chance you could explain this to me like I'm 10 how to convert masterwork mod files into stonesense.

Well, looks like Meph did it for you, but regardless the .jar files should run automatically from a double-click once Java is installed.  Both java and javaw should be capable of running the program, (these are identical, except that java will open a console window, which isn't needed).  One thing you might try is renaming the desired *.jar to "apache.jar" (since it is possible it might be having trouble finding the external library maybe?).

What operating system are you using? 
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:08 pm »

So, with permission from phoebus, we go from

Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)

To

Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)

Boo yah.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 06:55:56 am »

Installed the java runtime but still having a hard time running the .jar files themselves unfortunately. Which specific java application should i be using to run these. (javaws,javaw,java,javacpl)
Sorry for being noobish. I keep getting "Server could not find or load main class raw ssense. Any chance you could explain this to me like I'm 10 how to convert masterwork mod files into stonesense.
I get the same error, what could it be?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »

Getting errors I don't think are errors:

unrecognized tag:   WOOD_MAT   in/item_tool.txt   189
unrecognized tag:   FURNITURE   in/item_tool.txt   191
unrecognized tag:   INVERTED_TILE   in/item_tool.txt   193
unrecognized tag:   WOOD_MAT   in/item_tool.txt   202
unrecognized tag:   FURNITURE   in/item_tool.txt   204

The line numbers as reported by Notepad++ are 190, 192, etc..
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 01:11:50 am »

The ssense converter doesn't work...

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 02:30:35 am »

Getting errors I don't think are errors:

unrecognized tag:   WOOD_MAT   in/item_tool.txt   189
unrecognized tag:   FURNITURE   in/item_tool.txt   191
unrecognized tag:   INVERTED_TILE   in/item_tool.txt   193
unrecognized tag:   WOOD_MAT   in/item_tool.txt   202
unrecognized tag:   FURNITURE   in/item_tool.txt   204

The line numbers as reported by Notepad++ are 190, 192, etc..
Ah, thanks for noticing that - there were some missing tags for tools (there are probably lots of others as well).  The paramaters files can be modified to accept any arbitrary new tags, so if I end up slow to respond in the future you can do a direct fix.  I haven't bothered doing a really clean and complete job of tag definition compilation since there's been a new DF version in the ether for several months.  Once that rolls around I will probably spend some time getting everything new added in. 

I get the same error, what could it be?
Hmm, well it sounds like a java problem of some kind.  What operating system are you on and do you know what version of java you have installed?

I need more information to be helpful here.  I will say that the converter is very basic, and doesn't handle every case completely.  If there is an errorlog produced by the converter, post a relevant-looking section here. 
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 02:35:35 am »

I need more information to be helpful here.  I will say that the converter is very basic, and doesn't handle every case completely.  If there is an errorlog produced by the converter, post a relevant-looking section here.
The error log is full of unrecognized tags, and there's nothing appearing in the out folder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC (v1.31: now with graphics export for stonesense!)
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 04:25:33 am »

Ah, if you've got a bunch of custom positions they need to be loaded in to CREATURE_GRAPHICS.txt in the Paramaters folder so that the parser recognizes those as valid child tags and not errors.  It should still produce output if there are errors, though multiple consecutive errors tend to give it trouble. 
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 04:37:43 am »

Perhaps it could just assume that any tags in the right place there are profession tags and use them anyway?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 05:15:18 am »

Okay, after adding the custom positions, there's no errors, and no output either.

The input file is here: http://pastebin.com/ShvDxfFf

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v1.32
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:05 am »

Alrighty, just uploaded a new version that ought to give some messages to let you know when it doesn't like something, and should provide some kind of output even when it fails. 

The problem stems from this program mainly being a raw structure issue diagnoser and formatter that I sorta shoehorned into a stonesense graphics converter, and as such there isn't much in the way of raw argument error processing.  DF complains about that stuff itself like 99% of the time, so I just never bothered with it.  As such, while the tag name (0th argument) does generate errors if it is unrecognized, the rest of the arguments weren't set up to.  The version I just uploaded should mostly fix that, though I'm sure there are creative ways still to confuse it. 

The first kind of error was coming from lines like this:
Code: [Select]
[MILITIA_CAPTAIN:1:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT]and is a result of a missing TILE_PAGE specifier.  Adding a TILE_PAGE (eg: PUTNAM_TROLLS) fixes this. 

The second kind of error stems from including a TILE_PAGE name, but not having that tile page defined in the file.  Simply copying the tile page specifier to the top of the file with the others should fix anything like this. 

Hope that helps :)
where is up?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 07:24:50 pm »

QUESTION:
What's the "raw merger" do?
NM, I see what it does, useful feature...  especially if I want to do a side by side comparison of an entire mod with another mod, I can merge it into 1 file (for both mods), xml convert it, alphabetize it, then convert back, and do a comparison via winmerge with moved block detection on.

FEATURE REQUEST:
The ability to alphabetize the outputted token's when using the formatter.

Would help with winmerge comparisons (I'm still going to have to use winmerge for a bunch of hard to do side by side comparison's of stuff.  Just so I can see quickly what's been changed, and what hasn't

UPDATE:
In the meantime, I can use
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/166357/XML-Alphabetizer

after I export using rawxml to export to xml, then alphabetize, then re-import, if it DOESN'T work, I'll update this post

UPDATE:
The alphabetizer works pretty well, but I haven't been able to convert it back to txt using rawxml...  I placed the xml file in question in the in and out folder and ran it, never found a matching txt file.

I don't see any flag options to set when I run the .jar (although I don't think this app takes arguments).

UPDATE:
It might be because the alphabetizer added arguments when I specified the hiearchy to alphabetize by...

UPDATE:
NOT GOING TO WORK... the alphabetizer does some extra things that make it not work with the rawxml app (i.e. rcfc).

Would be nice to see an alphabetizer soon!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:38:24 pm by thistleknot »

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:45 am »

Ah, yeah an alphabetizer does sound potentially useful.  It ought to be pretty straightforward to do - I'll try to incorporate that sometime. 
where is up?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v1.33 (new raw alphabetizer!)
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:31 pm »

Added alphabetizer.  It should function exactly like the formatter, except it alphabetizes the tags based on the second argument of the second-tier tags (eg. the animal's name for CREATURE tags).

The project is also available on github if anyone wants my sloppy java code for some reason. 
where is up?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v1.33 (new raw alphabetizer!)
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

wow, totally missed your update on this one.  I hope there's an option to alphabetize tokens within the object's as well (or an option for it), I've noticed apps like mod manager messes up with that (when tokens are out of order, it might just copy and paste them twice?).
Pages: 1 [2] 3