Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: DrPoo's programming Jam, 100*C, a community project, that actually works.  (Read 41459 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am going to suggest today's meeting be the first in irc.freenode.net , room #100C . I am currently in both rooms, and have permanently changed the newnet #codejam topic to reference the new chat room.
Some irc clients do not have freenode as a default server, so you may have to add it. It is also possible to connect with most irc clients by using the command :
/server chat.freenode.net 
or /server irc.freenode.net

Also remember that Freenode has the official unity IRC room, #Unity3d . Usually 200+ users at any given time. As well as dozens of rooms dedicated to other programming languages, all with large number of users.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

For the moment I am unable to connect to Freenode servers. Something about SASL required :(

*EDIT!

Got Freenode and SASL to work properly ^_^ YAY!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:16:44 pm by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

What time is 'usual'? I might be there, if just because I'm so lonely nowadays :(

Sorry for the late reply. Usual means somewhere between 20:00 and 2:00 GMT. The later depending on how long I can stay awake.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games

Latest code: http://www.mediafire.com/?uie41kzl7mapbzi

Latest models and other resources: http://www.mediafire.com/?231ua2fhlbsvlac
These seem to be needed too: http://www.mediafire.com/?zlcceafxfjppf88

And a scene with the stuff in it: http://www.mediafire.com/?txm3twn65zi8neb
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:32:56 pm by Kofthefens »
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games

We're having another meeting Tuesday at the usual time, on Freenode. We'll discuss the final things that need to be done before the release of the alpha.

EDIT:
I can't make it at the usual time, but I can do an hour later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:46:06 pm by Kofthefens »
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
My website - Free games

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not. Hopefully I will not have to do more work in the morning, since it is now nearly 3:30 am here and just now getting done with work crap for today. If I see ya'll then yay! Otherwise I will be on in the evening tomorrow if time permits.
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will not be at the meeting today.Kof if you read this before going on vacation please try to post an alpha build using the terrain with collider boundaries and PM the active team.

If anyone is interested I will be in the room again starting Monday night.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games

MM- I leave a week from today, not today.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
My website - Free games

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

awe :( no MM for today's meeting. We'll see ya on Monday then! Have a good weekend! :D

The meeting will be held on Freenode server in the #100C channel. Interesting things to talk about today I hope!

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Okay! PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!

I present to you the prototype for the terrain. This is not an actual terrain simulation as it is mainly a test to see if I could reliably generate interesting things with high numbers of polygons and do it quickly.

As you can see in the pictures, the testing surface is pretty small. It is only a 16x16x16 cube-space for cubes to be placed in. Later on I will test the generation times of larger and larger cube-spaces, but I feel that being able to potentially build a little fewer than 4100 cubes in a few seconds, and have it display at high speeds, is a definite boon.

I will be doing a stress test in the next few days, as well as usable terrain generation to see how things look in a real game-world terrain space.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games

We have decided to start a new thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113879.0

The epic of Îton Sákrith
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]