Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Conquest 2 Vyrium Uprising - Kickstarter  (Read 1358 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Conquest 2 Vyrium Uprising - Kickstarter
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:41 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869102574/conquest-2-vyrium-uprising-rts-fans-unite?ref=category

Its sequel to obscure RTS that was successful at it time, but is forgotten now. Does anybody here know about Conquest: Frontier Wars or where fans for it could be found?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:25:56 pm by MaskedMiner »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest 2 Vyrium Uprising
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »

I played Conquest: Frontier Wars. I remember it being pretty decent. It only added one real notable feature to the RTS field that I remember and that was jumping through wormholes. Wormholes would take you to different maps entirely but think of it more like a major map choke point or the ability to hide in a very obscure area of a single map.

Not sure how wormholes impacted skilled play.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »

Hmm, I see... Still, its kind of sad to see game that has been tried to get developed for years to meet rather underwhelming response. Is game truly so forgotten that it has about 300 fans willing to pay at most?..

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »

Good grief he wants 675 thousand dollars?  Not guna happen.  Like ever.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »

You might want to mention Kickstarter in the title, so people know that it's not a game yet and requires fan support.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest 2 Vyrium Uprising - Kickstarter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

He's trying to raise that much money and he doesn't even have a 10,000 dollar reward? Why not?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

Good grief he wants 675 thousand dollars?  Not guna happen.  Like ever.

Well, that HAS happened to more famous games. But yeah, without game journalism cover, its not likely. On positive side it means you can fund it without having to worry about losing money because its unlikely that it gets funded, but you can still show your support.

But yeah, this Kickstarter will have pretty sad ending. They've been trying to do sequel since... 2004? Maybe even longer. Anyway, its sad to see such project fail.

@nenjin: Ok, did that.

@freeformschooler: Yeah, they aren't as great in this as other projects. I think its partially because nobody has told them how to improve it(usually with projects with larger amount of backers some backers will keep pestering devs about ways to make project succeed). Heck, I got reply from every single message I sent to them so I guess their message box isn't over flown. Sadly, I have no idea what are good reward tiers =/

Though its good question about why they have 7, 500 reward but not 10,000.