Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: APB: Reloaded  (Read 4197 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: APB: Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 02:44:22 am »

The one thing that peved me off was how hard it could be to raise cash as an Enforcer compared to if you played the Criminals. A Criminal could ram a store, load up a van and drive off with something close to 1000$ sitting there. For an Enforcer to be able to stop it they needed to Target someone with the most unresponsive "reticule" and then press a button that would only activate when the Reticule was over the target at the time it was pressed, considering that the crim is moving around, its not all that easy to do. And when/if you finally do activate it, the first person to go down loses, fullstop. The respawn time was stupid and catching up to the target was difficult...

So what a couple of PUGs and I did was go around looking for these Crims, wait till they had put a few into the car and was going for the last one and then jump into the car ourselves. The Crims couldn't shoot the car and deal damage, they couldn't take things out of the car when we were in the driver's seat and OH BOY was it fun to see these "Victims" of their own acts come charging you down with a Dumptruck that dealt you no damage at all due to the Safety System the game does...

So.... when you're in their car, can you drive off with it? Gain any sort of benefit yourself? Or are you only trolling them since you can't harm them, they can't harm you, but you can make sure they can't profit from their actions in game?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 09:40:40 am »

The one thing that peved me off was how hard it could be to raise cash as an Enforcer compared to if you played the Criminals. A Criminal could ram a store, load up a van and drive off with something close to 1000$ sitting there. For an Enforcer to be able to stop it they needed to Target someone with the most unresponsive "reticule" and then press a button that would only activate when the Reticule was over the target at the time it was pressed, considering that the crim is moving around, its not all that easy to do. And when/if you finally do activate it, the first person to go down loses, fullstop. The respawn time was stupid and catching up to the target was difficult...

So what a couple of PUGs and I did was go around looking for these Crims, wait till they had put a few into the car and was going for the last one and then jump into the car ourselves. The Crims couldn't shoot the car and deal damage, they couldn't take things out of the car when we were in the driver's seat and OH BOY was it fun to see these "Victims" of their own acts come charging you down with a Dumptruck that dealt you no damage at all due to the Safety System the game does...

So.... when you're in their car, can you drive off with it? Gain any sort of benefit yourself? Or are you only trolling them since you can't harm them, they can't harm you, but you can make sure they can't profit from their actions in game?
Oh you take the stolen goods to a Cop Shop to hand them in as Evidence, Cash, and the car to an Impound due to it being stolen by a crim, More cash...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 09:43:09 am »

If you take a stolen car you can bring it to an impound and get money for it. You can also take the stolen property to an evidence vault and get even more money for it. And they can't do shit to stop you except maybe try to ram you a couple hundred times. It's not all that much, but I've found myself actually getting money faster grabbing stolen vehicles than I have doing missions. There's almost no point in 'witnessing' in the first place.

Well, looks like I got ninja'd.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »

Criminal Alliance Represent.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »

It's basically APB fixed so that it doesn't suck as badly and is free. D/L size is modest, but it might take a little while because the gamersfirst download manager sucks.
Nothing important here, move along.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

Hi, sorry for rezzing the topic.  I just saw some youtube videos for this game and I was wondering to what a degree it can be categorized as Pay to Win.  The last comments I've seen were back in November/December 2011 saying that the game is pretty balanced not too much Pay to Win.  Just wondering if it has changed since then.  Also, is anyone here still playing it?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

I played it for a bit but didn't like it much, mainly because I was getting instagibbed by people doing the APB missions.  I didn't know there was so much more, I might try it again some time.
Shoes...

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »

So I played it for about 15 hours.  The game punishes players for doing too well.  I went from bronze to gold in 10 matches and always got paired up with other golds for the remainder of the time I played.  Sounds good in theory, except the people I was paired to had been playing for much longer and had guns with mods/attachments.  So yeah, impossible to fight back.  There's also a hack that one can do to their computer that makes your player run faster then everyone else.  Seen that on a couple of people wielding shotguns (so they can catch up to you when you're trying to distance yourself from them).  I can see why the thread for this game died so long ago now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:50 pm »

The biggest issue with this game IGNORING all the little things that entirely annoy you.

Is that it isn't balanced... and this is a game where balance would be almost manditory.

plcraze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 06:01:18 am »

i havent tried this on steam.. is it good? or tf2 is better?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 07:48:33 am »

tf2 is way better...

Imagine gta4 if it sucked.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile