Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A were-elephant? WHAT.  (Read 8440 times)

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A were-elephant? WHAT.
« on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:01 am »

So earlier on, my fortress was attacked by a were elephant. After claiming the life of a mother and her baby, it turned into a human and ran off the map. Just recently, however, I found another of this sick creatures victims. One of my dwarves is now a were-elephant, which scares and intrigues me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:33:16 am by Grim Holiday »
A great elephant twisted into human form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow fuschia. Its sandy taupe hair is long and shaggy. Now you will know why you fear the night.
It is fat.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A were-elephant? WHAT.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:41:15 am »

I wonder if their pants stay on when they transform.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:45:02 am »

That would be scary, considering the fact that the mentioned dwarf is a woman.
A great elephant twisted into human form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow fuschia. Its sandy taupe hair is long and shaggy. Now you will know why you fear the night.
It is fat.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 03:11:03 am »

now infect your entire fort with were-elephantism. truely a military force to be reckoned with.
This space for rent

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 05:40:19 am »

Yes, a combination of the magma loving, suicidal drunk dwarves, and the mighty elephants, bane of all dwarfish colonists. A deadly combination. Maybe they can get rid of these damn Giant Wolverines plaguing my area.
It is fat.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:45 am »

Disaster, of a sort. The dwarf that was afflicted with elephantthropy changed, but during a human caravan visit. Disaster, she killed a human maceman. Good side, we can loot his stuff. This were-elephant is getting some nice skill ups, albeit in an unwanted way. Unfortunately, this drove the human merchants away. I bet they had good stuff as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:23:48 am by Grim Holiday »
It is fat.

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:03:24 am »

Wow you're fucked. The only way i know to deal with elephants is mass cage traps and magma.
Gather your seven best dwarfs and then flood the fort with magma while the were-elephant inside. then flood water in to seal it up.

Then set to work on a new fort next to the old one.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 08:20:27 am »

Indeed, the best course of action may be to kill this were-elephant, but they have become quite the wrestler/fighter. If I could figure out when they transform, I could set a burrow in their room, then lock them in. Transformation passes, let them out, everyone is happy. Well, almost everyone. The dwarves that witnessed the rampage in the dormitory that happened earlier aren't. Actually, depending on what happens, it might be a good idea to put this elephant creature down. She's even killed enough dwarves in her elephant state to gain an extra name.
It is fat.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:27:49 am »

In the top right corner of the screen, there are phases of the moon, now.  When it hits a full circle for "full moon", they transform.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:29:42 am by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:20 am »

Once I got attacked by a were-Mammoth, he killed a whole siege.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 10:34:53 am »

It would be cool if there was like a transformation control skill,
so that your pachydermic lycanthrope could become more familiar with her new powers.
Or, like, if she transformed whenever she entered a martial trance or something. :D

Murgy

• Bay Watcher
  • Is one of the first of his kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 11:38:07 am »

I hereby dub this accursed condition "Elephasanthropy"
Quote from: Cruxador
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
I made a mod where giant spiders, snake-people, minotaurs, dwarves, and a gnome-like creature were all the same species.  In spite of being radically different sizes, a snake-person and a spider could get married and have a minotaur as a child.
A wonderful love story of a family that is truly without prejudice.

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:50 am »

The poor dear. Does she transform into a full-sized elephant? Think of all those horrifically painful werewolf transformations scenes in the movies, where they only add six inches or so and some muscle. Given that movie lycans are pretty much always way bigger than the actual animal when transformed, I can only surmise that she's experiencing the most painful lycanthropic transformation ever!

Edit: Bad apostrophe, BAD! Down boy.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 11:51:21 am »

I wonder if their pants stay on when they transform.
Clothing that covers a person's... Areas will always be infused with some kind of extradimensional matter that prevents ripping and will always be fine when the person changes back. It's why the Incredible Hulk's pants never rip despite his legs doubling in size.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:18 pm »

Step 1 - Make a small underground room with a grate in an out of the way place. Have access to food and water (although food isn't necessary)
Step 2 - Confine dwarf wereelephant to underground room using burrow. Insert unwanted migrants in and lock it up on the waxing gibbous moon
Step 3 - ???
Step 4 - Profit! Enjoy your new mass migrant slaughtering pit! If you luck out and have survivor, make a new underground roon for the survivotr to live in we he/she turns too.
Pages: [1] 2 3