Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A were-elephant? WHAT.  (Read 8438 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: A were-elephant? WHAT.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »

Alternately, you could station the were-elephant and a migrant on a 1x1 floor over a 1-deep pit (accessed by a retractable bridge or hatch). When the were-elephant transforms, they will fight briefly, but likely one of them will dodge soon, going off the platform and out of combat.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »

Creatures can fight if they're 1 z-level apart. I've had goblins stab my marksdwarves on the walls before I built fortifications.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »

I wonder if their pants stay on when they transform.
Clothing that covers a person's... Areas will always be infused with some kind of extradimensional matter that prevents ripping and will always be fine when the person changes back. It's why the Incredible Hulk's pants never rip despite his legs doubling in size.
I think that the official reason for the Hulk's pants not getting shredded is that they're made of unstable molecules, ignoring the fact that, IRL, those are molecules that fall apart without needing an external force like The Hulk to shred them. So...yeah. I also wonder how the game deals with it. To the arena!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:48 pm »

Were-elephant ? Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Spread were-elephant status around your fort ! For Science !

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

Oh, I almost forgot to post here. A giant werehedgehog dropped its werehedgehog-sized toad leather cloak when it turned back into a giant, and beat the crap out of the werehedgehog I spawned to double-check the cloak size. The giant started by kicking out all of the werehog's teeth. At once.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »

Humour a newb like me, and do tell. If I were to infect my entire fort with this affliction, would they attack eachother? If so, horror would ensue. But I'm guessing that were-critters of the same animal basis don't fight.
A great elephant twisted into human form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow fuschia. Its sandy taupe hair is long and shaggy. Now you will know why you fear the night.
It is fat.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

Humour a newb like me, and do tell. If I were to infect my entire fort with this affliction, would they attack eachother? If so, horror would ensue. But I'm guessing that were-critters of the same animal basis don't fight.
Nope, all were-critters of the same species will be best buds. If you had a were-elephant and a were-beaver however, they would fight each other.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »

Nope, all were-critters of the same species will be best buds. If you had a were-elephant and a were-beaver however, they would fight each other.
Delicious, I wonder what it will be like to have an entire fortress of were-elephants.
A great elephant twisted into human form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow fuschia. Its sandy taupe hair is long and shaggy. Now you will know why you fear the night.
It is fat.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:36 pm »

This just in! Our dear dwarf went were-elephant in the common dining hall! Now we have quite a few unhappy dwarves, and a few threw some short tantrums. However, dwarves will be dwarves, and they moved the bodies to the crypt and picked up all the dead dwarves items. I'm not too sure about the casualties.
It is fat.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »

Calamity! Two other dwarves have turned, and now we have three were-elephants. However, I think that number will grow considerably larger, as I sent quite a few dwarves to kill them. Most survived. This is turning into a slaughterfest. The orginal dwarf were-elephant is a legendary fighter and master wrestler.
It is fat.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 11:19:41 pm »

Well, after the fortress has turned into one giant brawl, and the full moon draws near, I've decided that F*** IT. Those were-elephants can do what ever the hell they want. Some dwarves with bits that grow back after a month is going to be great anyway. Details later.
It is fat.

Grim Holiday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »

And thus ended the tale of this fort. Right before the full moon, an ambush appeared, and completely and utterly wiped out the military. Oddly, they targeted the were-elephants first. And this fortress showed such promise. Oh well. It was fun, you crazy murdering were-elephant dwarf you.
It is fat.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 11:30:56 am »

Now infect the elephants with a were-dwarf syndrome.  On the night of the full moon, all the elephants get drunk and flood the world with magma and stonecrafts. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »

I must say, the were-elephant's eyes glowing fuschia is somehow disappointing...

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:23 pm »

I wonder if their pants stay on when they transform.
Clothing that covers a person's... Areas will always be infused with some kind of extradimensional matter that prevents ripping and will always be fine when the person changes back. It's why the Incredible Hulk's pants never rip despite his legs doubling in size.

It also explains his screams.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3