Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 333

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 469427 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry
« Reply #4305 on: December 21, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »

Putting hot chocolate mix into coffee is the best drink possible.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 23, 2019, 08:42:07 am »

Hmm. Hmm.

I have had coffee with cinnamon in it (I assume quite a bit, it's difficult to taste when I do it myself) which was very good. So, I assume, this would be even better?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 23, 2019, 08:48:59 am »

Ick!

No no no no no.

Do THIS instead.

Pour about 4 to 6 oz of milk into a tall glass
Put in the microwave for approx 1:30, or until the milk just starts to boil
Add 1 cap-full of real vanilla extract
Add 1 heaping tbs light brown sugar
Add 2 to 4 oz of the strongest espresso you can produce.
Squirt real whipped cream on top, about 4cm deep.  Stir in.
Squirt more whipped cream on top as a garnish.

Bonus--

Add 2 pips dark chocolate and whisk in vigorously before adding whipped cream, garnish with chocolate shavings on the whipped cream.

Hmm. Hmm.

I have had coffee with cinnamon in it (I assume quite a bit, it's difficult to taste when I do it myself) which was very good. So, I assume, this would be even better?

That depends on your political affiliation. ;)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:52:49 am by wierd »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 23, 2019, 02:07:22 pm »

While I have no doubt whatsoever that Weird's recipe is of superior quality, it takes like 30s to get you some coffee from the pot and chuck some hot chocolate mix into it. Make sure to be..... liberal... with some extra creamer/milk as well.

I used Ghirardelli chocolate mix too, so you know it had a fancy name on the label.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 24, 2019, 05:06:02 am »

No no no! Not like that!

Always pour a bit of the liquid on top of the powdered stuff and stirr it until it becomes like a thick paste. And then add the rest of the liquid. That way you won’t get those nasty floating clumps that refuse to dissolve.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4310 on: December 24, 2019, 05:33:44 am »

I'm more impressed that they managed to manufacture chocolate without Conservatives.

...does it have any preservatives?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 24, 2019, 08:08:00 am »

I made some soup.

Meat sliced.
Lettuce chopped.
Tomato chopped and peeled.
Egg.
Onion and chili pepper minced.

I added half inch of water into the skillet, heat it until it boiled, then added meat and let it boil for 1 minute. Turned of the oven and moved the meat to a bowl.

Added salt. Added the tomato and boiled and crushed with spatula until it became paste and dropped the egg on top of the tomato paste. Turned to lowest heat and let the egg be cooked. Moved the egg to the bowl.

Added some water and brought it to boil with high heat and put in lettuce and then turned off the oven and got the soup to the bowl. Added some soy s

Put some oil into the skillet and fried the onion and chili pepper and added them to the soup.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 24, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »

I am mulling cider (US, so opaque juice). Toast the cinnamon and some cloves, add some cardamom, heat with the cider for a while. It needs more cinnamon flavor, but it's pretty good.

I made some soup.

Meat sliced.
Lettuce chopped.
Tomato chopped and peeled.
Egg.
Onion and chili pepper minced.

I added half inch of water into the skillet, heat it until it boiled, then added meat and let it boil for 1 minute. Turned of the oven and moved the meat to a bowl.

Added salt. Added the tomato and boiled and crushed with spatula until it became paste and dropped the egg on top of the tomato paste. Turned to lowest heat and let the egg be cooked. Moved the egg to the bowl.

Added some water and brought it to boil with high heat and put in lettuce and then turned off the oven and got the soup to the bowl. Added some soy s

Put some oil into the skillet and fried the onion and chili pepper and added them to the soup.

I assume the chopped lettuce ends up like chopped celery? Did you add garlic or any spices? I can see cumin working out well in that soup.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 02:36:32 pm by Iduno »

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 25, 2019, 08:58:33 am »

Kind of but i put them in shortly before turning off the oven as they weren't as tough as celery. Onion and chili pepper were the only spice. I'd have used garlic if there weren't onion. Cumin definitely would work well.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 31, 2019, 10:29:12 am »

There is a lady who stops a truck nearby in the morning, and sells tacos out the back. Each year, she takes a 2 week vacation during the holidays.

I couldn't get out of bed earlier enough to make breakfast today. I Have No Tacos, And I Must Eat.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 31, 2019, 01:21:52 pm »

I want a goddam personal taco truck.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 31, 2019, 01:25:30 pm »

Maybe one day when I can afford to retire, I'll run a food truck, and you can shop there. No guarantee of tacos, though. Probably pulled bbq meats and macaroni and cheese.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 31, 2019, 01:34:21 pm »

Maybe one day when I can afford to retire, I'll run a food truck, and you can shop there. No guarantee of tacos, though. Probably pulled bbq meats and macaroni and cheese.

Let me clarify.

I want a truck to pull up outside of my house and offer me cooked food on a daily basis.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: December 31, 2019, 02:03:32 pm »

It's at work, just across the street.

Kebabs would be harder to drive around for a few hours while constantly making (or have pre-made and keep heated, but that's not good kebab), but you would make bank.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 31, 2019, 03:46:56 pm »

Yeah, the 10 to 15 minute cook time on chicken prevents it from being a viable food truck item. Most people don't expect to stand around that long in front of a food truck.

Semi-related, a Middle Eastern place opened very close to work, with a menu very close to the old Middle Eastern place near work that closed over a year ago.

Chicken Kebab (they call it Chicken Tikka but eh, not really), Saffron rice, some side veg, lentil soup, some low quality Naan, free Black tea....all for about $15. It's a goddam feast and I look forward to it every week.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 333