Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 333

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 469432 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry
« Reply #4545 on: September 18, 2020, 01:03:17 pm »

I should have swaddled them in butter before baking, but I did not.

I'm going to make more today, maybe with some ground pork sprinkled inside as well. Any suggestions for other additions to the filling?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: September 18, 2020, 05:30:55 pm »

Today's food thing: Bunch of strawberry cheesecake icecream into blender. Bunch of milk into blender. Two (2) slices actual strawberry cheesecake into blender. Blend. Pour. Drink. Fills up two of those (18 ounce) red plastic cups.

Is good.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 05:35:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: September 18, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »

That sounds goddam amazing.

I'm making more pirogi. The last dough was sort of bland and hard, so I added an extra half stick of butter to try and convince it to be crisper/lighter. It certainly made it more pliable when forming the dumplings.

Update: Somehow it doesn't cook as evenly now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:09:07 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: September 18, 2020, 11:50:12 pm »

Dinner tonight will be cubed chicken thigh fillets, browned then coated in parmesan cheese and sautéed until crispy, along with grilled haloumi cheese cubes, mixed with a soy-ginger-sesame oil sauce over a tossed green salad with sliced wombok, shredded carrot and corn kernels. I'm going low carb tonight, since I did a sub sandwich for lunch. Skipped the tomatoes for the salad since they're horribly over-priced at the shops today.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: September 19, 2020, 10:10:00 am »

Yo that sounds like some seriously OP chikkin nugs

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: September 19, 2020, 03:07:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently the entire internet is talking about these eggs, so I bring you all the gift of this knowledge.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: September 19, 2020, 08:21:40 pm »

article the picture is from for context
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: September 20, 2020, 10:31:42 am »

...Are they with or without shells? I don't know why but that is where my line between fine and horror is drawn. With shells -- totally okay. Without shells? Not in my store
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: September 22, 2020, 07:05:05 pm »

Without shells they absorb stuff. With shells its just saving some time on some egg salad i guess

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: September 22, 2020, 09:59:19 pm »

Without shells they absorb stuff. With shells its just saving some time on some egg salad i guess

And I don't think I want them absorbing whatever piss-looking liquid they're floating in.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:04 am »

I mean... looking at it I assumed it was just vinegar or pickling juice or something like that. I've seen eggs in jars of similar colored liquid that were pickled or whatever, and people eventually ate them.

... I didn't, because I share that impression of its look, but other people did.

E: Though yeah, looking at the actual article some of the pictures look much less concerning. It's just a bag of boiled eggs with some water to keep them from drying out, with the lighting or bag color making it look kinda' odd. Bothers me way less than the jars of pig's feet I've seen pretty regular on grocery shelves :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:52:29 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: September 23, 2020, 07:42:34 am »

Nah jars changes the entire equation. You can keep anything in jars and it will never not look acceptable.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: September 23, 2020, 01:31:52 pm »

And I don't think I want them absorbing whatever piss-looking liquid they're floating in.

Ya, agreed. Shells or gtfo.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 07, 2020, 05:33:07 pm »

Went to a wedding, the reception was a cool hall underneath a super cool country shop, the kind with all kinds of local foodstuffs and gewgaws to buy.

Got me some CAJUN SPICE and some PEACH JAM. Made a rub out of the spice and covered a pork loin in it. Made a peach and sage sauce from the jam. It was magnificent.

EDIT: Dis sauce is made by putting some olive oil in a pan, then putting sweet onions in said pan, about a quarter of a medium/large onion for a minute or so. Then put a fair splash of rice vinegar down in it and a big ol' scoop-with-a-tablespoon of peach reduction/jam in there. I put a little extra jam in. Make sure that jam is fully dissolved into the resulting goop before adding stock (I used chicken stock) and reducing for ehhhh maybe 3-5 minutes? It'll get nice and thick, whereupon you add a chunk of butter (a tablespoon according to a stick of butter or so) and stir it all up.

Makes a nice, sweet peach sauce to put on your savory meatfoods. My wife talked about how good it was for like 20m.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:18:41 pm by Dunamisdeos »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: October 08, 2020, 07:39:08 am »

I picked lots of apples from a friends colony lot the other day. I'm going to make apple mash and must is a must of course. And probably a cake or two.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 333