Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 333

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 476925 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry
« Reply #4560 on: October 08, 2020, 07:52:34 am »

Apple cake? Do share recipe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: October 08, 2020, 12:45:40 pm »

Ok so, what is apple mash? I could google it but displaying my ignorance drives conversation.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: October 08, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »

Ok so, what is apple mash? I could google it but displaying my ignorance drives conversation.

Sorry, I was just lazy and directly translated the word from Swedish as I didn't know the English, but it's just what you call apple sauce

Apple cake? Do share recipe.

Cake was also directly translated, I don't know if breadier cakes (like say octobre cake) count as cakes in English
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: October 08, 2020, 01:50:48 pm »

Homemade apple sauce/apple mash is incredibly delicious. Godspeed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: October 09, 2020, 12:15:28 pm »

My friend recommended making it from the apple breed with the red2 skin so it'll become reddish/pinkish sauce.

I'm hoping I'll be invited back for when it's time to pick the wint3r apples. They looked very inviting.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: October 11, 2020, 04:32:58 pm »

I tried drying some apples today.

it was the taste
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: October 11, 2020, 04:57:06 pm »

Cake was also directly translated, I don't know if breadier cakes (like say octobre cake) count as cakes in English
They do, usually.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: October 11, 2020, 05:18:49 pm »

then there will be recepis!
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: October 11, 2020, 05:39:22 pm »

They do, usually.
The only exceptions I can think of where it's called bread but are arguably cake are banana bread and corn bread. And I'm sure saying corn bread will trigger some southerners.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: October 11, 2020, 07:33:07 pm »

As a southerner, I can say that I like particularly sweet corn bread, and wouldn't even bat an eye at it being called corn cake.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: October 12, 2020, 03:55:46 pm »

I could really use some good recipes for Butternut Squash... have about 10 sitting on the counter, and about that many more to pull out of the garden before I pull everything up.

Already do have a good recipe for soup, which is super easy and extremely good.

2-2.5 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, cut to about 1" cubes, 1-2 carrots, likewise diced.

Toss with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a flat pan, roast at 425 (230C) for about 40 min (turn a couple of times during cooking).

Saute 1 onion & some garlic.  Add everything together when cooked, add 4 cups of chicken stock, a couple of bay leaves & some thyme.  Simmer for a bit, and that's it.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: October 12, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »

My wife cuts them up into little bite size squares and does magic to them, presumably involving salt, pepper, olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese, then I think she cooks it in the oven at 425oF for 20 minutes.

That will take care of 1 butternut squash.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: October 22, 2020, 02:11:19 pm »

My housemate made a batch of curry last night!  He and his brother make it right, too, this isn't premade stuff.

I initially turned it down, sated and, well, a little standoffish.  Moods.  What can you do?
But after a little while I came back and had a taste, and it was just as good as I had built it up to be.  Crunchy red pepper, diced pork bits, but mostly just a lovely orange-yellow sauce that fit into the rice so well.

We chatted last night for the first time in over a week.  No animosity, no problems, I just prefer to keep to myself.  It was really nice.  Caught up a little over some food.

Edit:  I had left out some things when I came back a few nights ago, and he had used them.  Quality rice, fresh onions, even a little seaweed.  Mmmph, I'm going to go get some more tonight.  Like he says, it's so much more efficient to make in batches.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 02:13:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: October 22, 2020, 02:47:19 pm »

My wife cuts them up into little bite size squares and does magic to them, presumably involving salt, pepper, olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese, then I think she cooks it in the oven at 425oF for 20 minutes.

That will take care of 1 butternut squash.

Ooh, a more savory squash instead of the usual butter and brown sugar one. I like it.

My housemate made a batch of curry last night!  He and his brother make it right, too, this isn't premade stuff.

I initially turned it down, sated and, well, a little standoffish.  Moods.  What can you do?
But after a little while I came back and had a taste, and it was just as good as I had built it up to be.  Crunchy red pepper, diced pork bits, but mostly just a lovely orange-yellow sauce that fit into the rice so well.

We chatted last night for the first time in over a week.  No animosity, no problems, I just prefer to keep to myself.  It was really nice.  Caught up a little over some food.

Edit:  I had left out some things when I came back a few nights ago, and he had used them.  Quality rice, fresh onions, even a little seaweed.  Mmmph, I'm going to go get some more tonight.  Like he says, it's so much more efficient to make in batches.

A good curry is a pretty good addition to an apology.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: October 22, 2020, 02:51:40 pm »

And we didn't even have any problem to forgive!  It was a simple act of generosity and, well, reaching out in this damn nightmare of physical isolation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 333