Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 333

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 469368 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry
« Reply #4425 on: March 27, 2020, 05:40:36 am »

I boil my water in a kastrull, then pour it over my bag in my kopp, then drink it. Then I pour the leftover colding water over the tea bag a second time because one kopp is not enough.

and who the fuck even knows what kukicha is.

Heh. Cock chai.

I drink my tea

iced.

* Sirus flees

Ice tea is the punk of tea
Love, scriver~

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: March 27, 2020, 12:46:17 pm »

I boil water, then pour it into a cup with a teabag in it. Let it steep for 3 minutes, then add sugar and lemon juice.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: March 27, 2020, 07:27:00 pm »

I mix a bunch of tea and sugar in water in a big fucking glass jar and leave it in the yard until I think it's ready.

Tea level: Teximum

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: March 27, 2020, 07:42:31 pm »

I mix a bunch of tea and sugar in water in a big fucking glass jar and leave it in the yard until I think it's ready.

Tea level: Teximum
Sun tea is best tea.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: March 27, 2020, 09:11:47 pm »

Got that sweetness that damn near tricks your mind into thinking it's actually savory and a tart pop to finish it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: March 27, 2020, 11:17:02 pm »

Got that sweetness that damn near tricks your mind into thinking it's actually savory and a tart pop to finish it.

This reminded me of my very dumb idea "pretzel pop-tarts full of nacho cheese", but I also just told someone to toast a pb&j in a frying pan, so I guess my brain still works?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:48 am »

I looked up how fried rice is actually done (As opposed to just pouring it in a frying pan, but it was pretty much just that anyway) and made some sweet chilli sauce salmon and it was good.

I'm disproportionately proud in comparison to effort every time I make asian-ish food because it looks so damn good
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: March 29, 2020, 11:21:12 am »

Because I'm actually a child, I broke a slice of bacon into bits and put it in some pancake batter.

It turned out to be pointless, because the syrup and sweetness of the boxed batter completely overwhelmed any flavor the bacon might have brought. It wasn't bad per se, but there was no reason to do it in the end.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: March 29, 2020, 11:33:22 am »

Have you ever tried pork pancake?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:26:02 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: March 29, 2020, 01:52:32 pm »

I'll let you try my pork pancake *eyebrow waggling intensifies*... wait, I don't think that turned out right. Cancel those waggles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: March 29, 2020, 04:14:56 pm »

I'll let you try my pork pancake *eyebrow waggling intensifies*... wait, I don't think that turned out right. Cancel those waggles.

Aww yeah boi, I like 'em thicc and * F L A T *

Like an alien saucer, Unidentified Flying Penis

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: March 29, 2020, 04:24:04 pm »

I looked up how fried rice is actually done (As opposed to just pouring it in a frying pan, but it was pretty much just that anyway) and made some sweet chilli sauce salmon and it was good.

I'm disproportionately proud in comparison to effort every time I make asian-ish food because it looks so damn good

I think there's a pretty big difference between just making fried rice and making it with care. At least, when I looked up restaurant quality fried rice and made it, it came out better than any other fried rice someone has made for me at their home.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: March 29, 2020, 04:47:56 pm »

Aww yeah boi, I like 'em thicc and * F L A T *

Like an alien saucer, Unidentified Flying Penis

I call mine "the Bandworm"

I think there's a pretty big difference between just making fried rice and making it with care. At least, when I looked up restaurant quality fried rice and made it, it came out better than any other fried rice someone has made for me at their home.

There was egg involved

This surprised me
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: March 30, 2020, 08:29:29 am »

I've been experimenting with cold fermentation of yeast dough during the lockdown.
Two batches. Each batch was mixed into a firm dough, not too sticky, not too dry. They were both put in a bowl and stored in the oven

One was in the fridge for ~12 hours, another for ~40 hours. I didn't have any plastic to cover it so I used a towel. Caking ensued.

The first was formed into 16 small round breads and put into the oven ASAP for 20 minutes at 225ºC. No wash.

The second was divided in half. The first half was formed into eight small round breads and were put on a plate and left on the counter for 30 minutes before they were put into the oven for 20 minutes. No wash.

The other half was put into the fridge until the first half was done. After that, it too was made into eight small breads and were put on a plate and left on the now warm kitchen stove for 30 minutes before they were put into the oven for 20 minutes. No wash.

Results after cooling down:

Both batches produced breads of about the same size. The crust is decently hard, but is darker on the second batch. Consistency is about the same. The inside is firm with no large bubbles.

Taste is about the same, though both batches may be slightly different from white wheat bread without cold fermentation. Hard to tell. Might be due to the flour that was used.

Might try with white wheat flour next time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:36:00 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: March 30, 2020, 09:30:13 am »

I've been experimenting with cold fermentation of yeast dough during the lockdown.

Results after cooling down:

Both batches produced breads of about the same size. The crust is decently hard, but is darker on the second batch. Consistency is about the same. The inside is firm with no large bubbles.

Taste is about the same, though both batches may be slightly different from white wheat bread without cold fermentation. Hard to tell. Might be due to the flour that was used.

Might try with white wheat flour next time.

I noticed a huge difference when making pizza dough. It's much less stretchy and chewy (very important for pizza dough, so I would only recommend this for other types of bread) after fermenting for a while, but delicious and maybe stickier. I could tell it had fermented "enough" based on the smell; it ended up with a noticeable fermented smell to it like a sourdough.

Plastic wrap should also keep the moisture in better, if you don't have a lid.

Edit: Does anyone have advice on making dried beans into good food? I've been soaking them for ~3 days and boiling them for over an hour before adding anything else, and they're still dry and not-quite-crunchy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:07:19 am by Iduno »
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 333