Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parthenon, Again  (Read 853 times)

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Parthenon, Again
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:13:52 pm »

So I've been working on my project to rebuild the Parthenon in DF. I had to get a stable fort up first, sitting on enough marble, which I now have; and I have the foundation on which the Parthenon sits. The trouble is that I can't find any good architectural drawings of the Parthenon itself. Everything seems to be touristy, or else a simple floor plan with just the horizontal dimensions of everything.

I initially decided to try rebuilding it in Google SketchUp, but I don't have enough information to do that right now. And then I realized that, ironically, multiple files in Microsoft Paint are better for the actual plans because it's got a grid that will give me the exact same perspective as inside DF.

So far, this is the best site I've found: http://www.greeklandscapes.com/greece/acropolis/parthenon-picture.html

I need vertical information, though.

And that's where you guys come in. Surely someone has better google-fu than me. Can you find me a comprehensive blueprint for the Parthenon?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Parthenon, Again
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »

The Dimensions of the Parthenon Has lots of dimensions. No drawings, though.

Ah, here we go:    Parthenon: Plans, Elevations and Diagrams should be useful. Lots of drawings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:22:56 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.