Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tower of Legends  (Read 17376 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Legends
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 08:19:45 pm »

I know I'm not that special (except for being insane), but if you want, mine should be easy to do. It's only 6 colors.
We can self-nominate ourselves as forum legends now? Awesome. But I don't nominate myself.

@Corai: :-\
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 08:20:53 pm »

I know I'm not that special (except for being insane), but if you want, mine should be easy to do. It's only 6 colors.
We can self-nominate ourselves as forum legends now? Awesome. But I don't nominate myself.

PLEASE, DONT KILL ME. IM TINY AND FRAGILE.

We ALL KNOW what I look like, but I am no legend.

If I get on here i'll kill you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

We're going severely off-topic, but I'm not quite blonde or girly... See? (Also, I don't make a habit of killing small, fragile creatures. I give them to KodKod.)

@Schizotek: I think you'll need a lot more forumgoers if you're wanting to make a tower and not a squat, square building. lol   How many are you planning to do maximum?

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »

We're going severely off-topic, but I'm not quite blonde or girly... See? (Also, I don't make a habit of killing small, fragile creatures. I give them to KodKod.)

@Schizotek: I think you'll need a lot more forumgoers if you're wanting to make a tower and not a squat, square building. lol   How many are you planning to do maximum?

I forever have nightmares.

And I vote KodKod next.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »

This after my performance in the "mountain home" thread?
(I tease!)

It doesn't quite fit, but I have a few doodles in my photobucket you could use if you want. Even have a science one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 08:44:27 pm »

My vote would be on girlinhat (science), footkerchief (ever opened any post in the suggestions sub-forum?) and quietust (best obscure hex-editing knowledge for in-depth modding, even TodayOne used his bugfixes)

Well done the mural looks impressive.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

I'd throw out Baughn's name out there too, though half of you probably haven't even heard of him (he tends to stick to the DF General Discussion forum now). He is the one who wrote most of the graphics code that is currently used in DF and is really the only person other then Toady to contribute significantly to the coding of the game. As a side effect of that he also happens to be one of the few people out there with a custom forum title (like Toady's is "The Great").
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »

*Thrusts her finger into the air, holding it there as she builds dramatic tension.  Until it becomes clear that she's forgotten what she was going to say, and awkwardly lowers her finger.*

Is that constructed or hacked?  If constructed, what materials are you using, and for any particular reason?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 09:03:30 pm »

So notable posters are Scientists, People Who Actually Do Something Useful For Toady, and thread derailers?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »

So notable posters are Scientists, People Who Actually Do Something Useful For Toady, and thread derailers?

There are other kinds of posters on this forum?

You should also do a colossal ascii dwarf face on one of the levels.  Only seems right, really.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:59 pm »

There are other kinds of posters on this forum?

You should also do a colossal ascii dwarf face on one of the levels.  Only seems right, really.
Gonna do that for loud whispers. As man as I can fit on a 75/75 level. And I'll include some of the suggested peeps as well. The forums local kobald is gonna get a level too. A picture of him, flooded with magma. Demons if I can get ahold of em too. But that would probably be a megaproject in and of itself.

Also:constructed (might as well color in a ms paint file if i"m gonna hack). 50 dwarves, walled off from the world, self sustaining, caverns not breached. Marble and cobaltite were the materials used for Sphalerite. Girl in hat will be marble, realgar ( I think.) Prophyry (modded in, and rare. stupid ears.) Its still a *heavily* modified masterwork tho so I may just start using mephs brick oven so make colored bricks. Girl in hats is going to look fucktarded but recognizable due to the limitations of low pixel constructs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:34:56 pm by Schizotek »
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »

Just the ears, the rest is superfluous.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:11 pm »

Just the ears, the rest is superfluous.

Those beady black eyes that cut right through the guise and peer directly into your soul can be by no means superfluous.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:21 pm »

*heavily* modified masterwork
Modified as in "changed settings" or "modded the raws myself" ? How many different colors are there for blocks/contructions anyway ? I only have 8 in the brick oven, might as well add all of them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »

*heavily* modified masterwork
Modified as in "changed settings" or "modded the raws myself" ? How many different colors are there for blocks/contructions anyway ? I only have 8 in the brick oven, might as well add all of them.
Modded the raws. Its one of the dozen or so folders containing df on my desktop that I've used at various stages of the mod I'm working on(theoretically, Legendary +5 procrastinator). As to construct colors, I think there's 16. 2 For every color. A dark and a light version. I think.
Also nows a good time to ask you if I can use your mod as a base for my mod.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5