Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tower of Legends  (Read 17379 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Tower of Legends
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

Might be that the next update will feature a light/dark version for all then. :)

Sure you can use it, no worries. What did you have in mind for it though ? Writing a mod-mod for it, or taking little parts out of it and planting them in your own mix ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 11:33:48 pm »

Might be that the next update will feature a light/dark version for all then. :)

Sure you can use it, no worries. What did you have in mind for it though ? Writing a mod-mod for it, or taking little parts out of it and planting them in your own mix ?
Taking it, removing a ton (races esp), adding some, and making minor adjustments to other stuff.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 02:23:46 am »

I'm well known but... Legendary? Disputable ;P

Though words cannot comprehend my level of awe from your pixelated skills.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

Bad news. Gonna have to reclaim the embark. Went from 52 dwarves to 15 in less than 3 minutes. Desperately trying to finish kodkods left eye so I don't have to redesignate it.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 05:55:42 pm »

Was it the humans? You can't trust them with their two eyes and normal proportions.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »

It was a "tear of armok". A gem/1 tile aquifer. I got greedy with my cobaltite mining and wasn't paying attention. All the dwarves on the floor below drowned. The rest are freaking the fuck out.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 06:01:58 pm »

That's no fun. You'll be cleaning scattered items from your canvas for the next five years if you have to reclaim.
/人‿‿人\

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »

Hello: I am the liason from the mountainhomes. Lets discuss your situation.

'FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK YYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!! IIIIIITTTT SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKSSSSS!!!!!!
*Urist McLiason has been struck down*

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »

Are you suggesting that this isn't already the default response to the liason? ;]
/人‿‿人\

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

I am impressed and honored by the avatar.  Hope you get to do the rest.

I would second the nomination for Quietust.  I've just done some amusing things with sea creatures.  He's taken apart the game code and vastly enhanced our knowledge of how the game works.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »

Hope you did not reclaim yet. Use dfhacks lair function, that way all the items will stay in their place when reclaiming.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »

It's interesting to see what qualifies one as a "Forum Legend."  Posting to watch.

Arrgh, I want to be a forum legend, but I haven't done anything to earn that title!  The only thing that I've done that even gets a mention occasionally is my custom fluffball creature.  :'(
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:37 pm »

I vote for sethcreiyd.
I also vote for gizogin, naryar, and there was one other... but I forget him at this time.

I agree that kodkod would be a good candidate. kodkod is prolly the most active person on these forums. a lot of the threads have kodkods name in them.

also, seeing as how you made it, you should prolly put yourself in it too ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:21:58 pm by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »

So volume/quantity seems to count more then quality after all ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 07:24:58 pm »

I vote for sethcreiyd.
I also vote for gizogin, naryar, and there was one other... but I forget him at this time.

Agree with all of these.

I agree that kodkod would be a good candidate. kodkod is prolly the most active person on these forums. a lot of the threads have kodkods name in them.

I'm more active than KodKod. It's just that KodKod has a real nice quality of post to post ratio. Loud Whispers is probably the most active :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5