Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: another RNG treasure!  (Read 1604 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
another RNG treasure!
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:14:09 pm »

Please forgive the lack of a screenshot. Posting from phone.

Text block will be replaced with a screenshot later.

Code: [Select]

The Strangenesses of Rabble.   A chestnut figurine of dwarves

This is a chestnut figurine of dwarves. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of dwarves in chestnut by dorem eribbol.
The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates to the foundation of Tradedstabs, by
The Ultimate Lancer of The Barricades of Coal in the early spring of 1051.
It is encrusted with round granite cabochons decorated with chestnut and encircled
With bands of round granite cabochons and nickel. This object is adorned with hanging
 rings of chestnut and andesite and menaces with spikes of chestnut and trifle pewter.
On the item is an image of shields in dog bone. On the item is an image of Eslome
Peltmagics the elf and Udma Scarstabbed the Incineration of Ignition the bronze
Collossus in granite. Eslome is is cringing. Udma Scarstabbed the Incineration of
Ignition is striking a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the smashing of the elf
Eslome Peltmagics's left foot by the bronze colossus Udma Scarstabbed the Incineration
Of Ignition in 843.

The sheer number of delightful RNG names in this one makes me feel good, even though it is mostly cheap chestnut wood instead of something better.

*edit

Wow... I really need to go through legends mode on this world. More than half the artifacts made so far featue elves being maimed or killed in colorful ways, by a wide assortment of horrible monsters.  One even features a zombie dragon rampage..... 

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:24:07 pm by wierd »

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: another RNG treasure!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

tl dr
INCINERATION OF IGNITION

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

I am savescumming and going into legends mode. The sheer number of elves gettng smashed to death by bronze collossi and burned by dragons on the artifacts is.... abnormally high.

*edit

Holy shit, the legends xml dump is over 300mb!

As far as I can tell, the world is just so overrun with titans, demons, megabeasts, and monsters that the dwarven race was practically extinct by the year 50.

My fortress is in year 1078 now.  The legends viewer paints an endless littany of maulings, brutal murders, pillages, and desecrations of each and every mountainhome ever created during worldgen.  Apparently the dwarves I have somehow survived as scattered remnants of the barricade of coal after the year 37, when the last of the worldgen mountainhomes was destroyed by the Most Scorpion, led by the sheep demon Estrur Skullghost the Plague of Demons, savagely mutilating the last general of the civ.

The Most Scorpion is a goblin civ, apparently with multiple demons at the helm. It has remained visciously strong and active for all 1050 years of worldgen, destroying dozens of elven civs, and crushing the dwarven ones early.

When I turn invaders on, this world should be............very interesting.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:00:43 pm by wierd »

Theonefreerunner

• Bay Watcher
  • The one who runs free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34:45 am »

Looks like the most scorpion is baaad news...sorry.

nttea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:51:16 am »

The ultimate lancer of the barricades of coal :) sounds like one badass dude!

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:21 pm »

Any artifact with Rabble in the name gets my approval, even if it's an adamantine sock.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.