Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Minecarts, could adamanite be used for something non-violent?  (Read 6571 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Minecarts, could adamanite be used for something non-violent?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:33 am »

I say make Candy minecarts, and fill them with magma, and send them at the ELVES!!!!!!
I would've thought there would be better applications for the uses of magma, and I don't think we'll be able to stockpile magma at all in the wagons of doom :(

Adventure mode + Dwarf carts = Urist McIndiana Bones

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:49 pm »

I say make Candy minecarts, and fill them with magma, and send them at the ELVES!!!!!!
I would've thought there would be better applications for the uses of magma, and I don't think we'll be able to stockpile magma at all in the wagons of doom :(

Adventure mode + Dwarf carts = Urist McIndiana Bones
I want to interpret this as bones from Urist McIndiana, because it makes more sense that way.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:21:47 pm »

candy minecarts = riot control.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »

There's no good reason to use precious adamantine for this (I suspect it will require three metal bars) when featherwood has half the density at a hundredth the price.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:51 pm »

There's no good reason to use precious adamantine for this (I suspect it will require three metal bars) when featherwood has half the density at a hundredth the price.

I doubt you'll be able to make sturdy, dwarven rollercoaster minecarts out of wood.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 02:54:02 pm »

I seem to recall toady specifically saying you could make carts from wood or metal.  Unless he decides to include item damage as part of this release, the only benefit to metal is some hypothetical unconfirmed friction bonus, or mass if that's what you're after.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 02:55:07 pm »

Has seen a wonderfully made minecart recently.

I assume?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

Now that I think about it, there is some precedent in the way building destroyers work.  Maybe only metal carts can survive a hard landing or crashing into solid objects.  We'll see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]