Yeah, the migrations in the latest versions are different. But I think the issue with the wrong labours assigned to dorfs with wrongs skills is fixed now. I don't have to meddle with Dwarf Therapist in order to turn on and off their jobs according to their skills now.
What I've noticed so far (multiple worldgens):
- little to no doctors, miners, smiths and engineers of any kind
- less craftdwarves, no more migrants with novice in every crafting skill.
- many dwarves have at least some levels in farming skills, but no more migrants with novice in every farming skill.
- many fisherdwarves, usually with all three fishing skills
- administration skills (bookkeeper and organizer) seem to be more rare. I also haven't gotten anyone with architecture.
- no more legendary or high skilled dwarves. Even if they are suspiciously skilled in something, they always ended up being a vampire.
- migrants with an enormous kill list and animal jewelery are usually just hunters (not vamps) and have some nice combat skills.
- migrants with other combat skills usually have some kills, sapient or not.