Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tower of Legends  (Read 17374 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Legends
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 05:37:43 am »

I would be impressed if you could make all of loud whispers avatars using gem windows and the like.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:48 am »

... Flashing LW avatars... or... Demon hoards.... Flashing LW avatars.... Demons.... Avatars.... Demons...

tough choice.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 06:29:45 am »

If you haven't done my level yet and it's not too much trouble, could you do my pic in Obsidian?

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 07:24:42 am »

Wakey wakey shake and bakey. Or somethin.

Explain what you mean aussie.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 08:08:25 am »

Wakey wakey shake and bakey. Or somethin.

Explain what you mean aussie.

I mean like how you used a specific material in the first picture, can you use obsidian for mine?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 08:13:20 am »

'Tis symbolic

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 08:17:25 am »

for some of it I guess. Obsidian is black. There's not much black in your avatar.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 08:20:48 am »

for some of it I guess. Obsidian is black. There's not much black in your avatar.

Go with whatever's best/easiest for you, it's your awesome megaproject after alll.  Was just a thought on my part.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 08:48:53 am »

Do it with Slade and 'Eerie Cavern' tiles.... If that's not much trouble :)
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:11 am »

Wow, great work, Schizotek!
I'd like to nominate Quietust, Baughn and Footkerchief.

Also, I'm amazed nobody suggested these guys yet. They might not be the most active posters, but I think they made some valuable contributions to the community.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 09:04:27 am »

.089 posts per day? Not much of a forum legend is he?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2012, 10:50:09 am »

I'd like to nominate Urist Da Vinci. He's done some very well executed science. He may not post as much as some who are being considered as legends, but when he does, it's usually worth reading. In this case, quality has a quantity of its own.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:06 am »

Let's see, who are some epic forumgoers not mentioned here...

Well, there's definitely DS for Weatherwires, that was one of the best forts I've seen in a while. I would suggest myself, but then I remembered I've done nothing relatively extraordinary here.

As proud as I am of my own work, I hardly would qualify myself as a forum legend. Most people on the forum don't recognize me, and being generally well known is, in my opinion, a prerequisite to becoming a forum legend. Ideally, other qualifications should be necessary, but of course, the forum waives those rules for particularly loud personalities.

Fact of life #213: all elections are popularity contests.

That said, I can certainly appreciate the magnitude of the project, and the precision and diligence required in its execution. Props, Schizotek.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:42:35 am by DS »
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:49 pm »

Toady One and Threetoe should be made, they were the ones who made all of this possible.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:09 pm »

This thread actually tought me that there is a stats screen for every user... i was surprised when putman said that so and so many of his posts where in this subforum, i had to known how he found this info.

Turns out that i have 171 posts in all subforums except modding, and 1600 in modding alone.  :o
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]