Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 46037 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2012, 10:26:01 am »

@GM: I had forgot to say this, but nice to see you putting effort into this. Not only RP, but a well-developed plot as well. I just hope we find one Servant but don't get into a life-or-death battle in our first night, we aren't supposed to be as unlucky as Emiya, are we?
+1 here.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2012, 10:46:31 am »

I'm...I'm quite flattered, honestly. 0_0

Really, the RP is more difficult than the plot for me. Being a foreigner, I think my English skills are quite lacking, and you will notice that I'm really bad at finding synonyms. Additionally, I'm not really a large fan of literature, being too lazy and nervous to put time into something, so writing is obviously not something that I am really good at (or interested in).

And I'm afraid the plot won't be as good as you think. Really, it's far from the level of FSN or any decent professional work. I just want to make sure the NPC Masters and Servants each have different, preferably interesting personalities and goals.

I just hope we find one Servant but don't get into a life-or-death battle in our first night, we aren't supposed to be as unlucky as Emiya, are we?
I want you to mostly fight separately, since it is easier to write that way, so if you go hunting together, I'll throw Berserker at you. I guess the RP explanation for fighting separately is that you don't trust each other enough.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

Google translator and online dictionaries have a lot of synonyms. Not a native speaker myself so I use those tools in order for my writing not to be become too repetitive.

@GM: And I promise when this one ends I'll try to run a FSN RtD myself. It is somewhat of a debt, because you are not able to take part in the fun as a character.

Edit:
I want you to mostly fight separately, since it is easier to write that way, so if you go hunting together, I'll throw Berserker at you. I guess the RP explanation for fighting separately is that you don't trust each other enough.
Makes sense. After all, Masters are not to be trusted and although Lancer seems to be bound by honor, Archer is not.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:03:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:00 am »

Being a foreigner, I think my English skills are quite lacking, and you will notice that I'm really bad at finding synonyms.
Google translator and online dictionaries have a lot of synonyms. Not a native speaker myself so I use those tool in order for my writing not to be become too repetitive.
Makes sense. After all, Masters are not to be trusted and although Lancer seems to be bound by honor, Archer is not.
[/quote]

Woohoo! Not alone there!  :P

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06:40 am »

Out of curiosity, am I the only one here who has English as their first language? D:

(Only language, because I know nothing. Probably wouldn't be good at learning another language anyways)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2012, 11:09:31 am »

(Only language, because I know nothing. Probably wouldn't be good at learning another language anyways)
Languages aren't really that hard. For some people it just sort of "works". I know Lithuanian and English quite well and I know some Russian and German. Planning to learn Italian next year, because I just think it's a beautiful language.
 Lithuanian is a bitch, tho.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2012, 11:10:46 am »

Languages aren't really that hard. For some people it just sort of "works".

Depends on your aptitude and definition, I guess.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2012, 11:13:52 am »

Out of curiosity, am I the only one here who has English as their first language? D:

Well, actually I'm with you there. I sort of learned my national language at the same time, so it sort of mixed itself until about two or so years later when I began speaking straightly.  :P

Also, learning what words mean what is the easy part, as most words have a common 'root' meaning. The problem comes in vocalizing them and pronouncing them in that tongue.

Fun with languages, and done with my RP. Sorry if I had to act on your character, Haika.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:18 am »

I'm currently checking if I can snark at Kira's reaction.

Edit: Nope, it seems I got my hands tied. On to the cellar.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:20:12 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:30 am »

The problem comes in vocalizing them and pronouncing them in that tongue.
Funny. I always thought that was the easiest part.
 My Lithuanian pronunciation is perfect, as expected from a native, but slips into a silly local accent when I'm too excited or talking very fast.
 My English pronunciation is "right", but I speak with a Lithuanian accent when I talk naturally. I can speak proper British when I try.
 My Russian pronunciation is perfect.
 My German pronunciation is correct, but I can't speak at a natural pace.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2012, 11:35:55 am »

What more do you need?
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:13 am »

Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
And that's with only five active posters. Amazing. : V

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2012, 12:53:56 pm »

Not posting today. However I thought of a good plot twist, which in turn also makes a few characters much more meaningful to the plot. You won't see it coming.~

Done for today.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »

I'm american, and only speak american. XD So yeah...
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2012, 03:01:19 pm »

I'm american, and only speak american. XD So yeah...
Your schedule seems a tad anomalous :P. And the GM has been talking about plot twists. Fear or be joyous due to the vagueness of his statement.

Whatever it is, it'll be interesting, but I bet our characters won't be so happy about it.

Action: Just rest, Archer already got the wine through simple RP. When the night comes, take Kira for hunting in the night. Skyscrapers are the preferred observation points.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:16:22 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25