Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98

Author Topic: Things that made you Penguin today. <( ' >' )>  (Read 210794 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Mental images of people here.
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »

Greatorder, that was indeed great. Not so much ordered, though. I don't think anyone ordered an embarrassing derail.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:30 pm »

Skyrunner is someone sitting in front of a computer in a low lit room surrounded by charts and dice, with a constant o_O look on her face, occasionally mumbling to herself and scribbling notes. I have to say I imagined corrective lenses too, like Truean and ffs did. Not sure how that works.

Yup, I have a text tic of 'o_o' / 'O_o' / 'o_O'.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »

Everything is ruined forever. Forever greatorder.

The future is a polarbear doing unspeakable things to a human face forever.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2012, 06:11:38 pm »

Derm is some kid sitting at a computer desk on a slab of igneous rock floating in a sea of magma, surrounded by moaning prisoners hanging from chains and trapped in cages. He occasionally drubs their shins with his ancestral staff.

The funny thing is I actually do have a staff. Dad made it, 's awesome, and I have acquired the ability to spin it at speed in my feet if I happen to be laying at a 45 degree angle in this chair here.

I have a callous on the toe next to the big one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:59 pm »

Derm is some kid sitting at a computer desk on a slab of igneous rock floating in a sea of magma, surrounded by moaning prisoners hanging from chains and trapped in cages. He occasionally drubs their shins with his ancestral staff.

The funny thing is I actually do have a staff. Dad made it, 's awesome, and I have acquired the ability to spin it at speed in my feet if I happen to be laying at a 45 degree angle in this chair here.

I have a callous on the toe next to the big one.

FEETMAGIC!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

It also makes one hell of a racket when I drop it. Sometimes it hits the floor, sometimes I whack myself(Head) or my monitor one real good.

Seriously my monitor is made of adamantine. I've hit it five hundred times by accident and it's working perfectly aside from this one dead pixel and all the fingerprint marks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »

Hmm. I only really have mental views of a couple of people here really, those who I kinda talk to quite a lot, and the people who are in the same RTD's and games with me.

Generally though, I kinda see most people as adults. Although some I see some as pretty much around 15-17. It depends on their forum style and avatar.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:19 pm »

Greatorder, Janet, you made me laugh out loud. It's not often the internet manages that, so you win an all of it.
Love, scriver~

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:42 pm »

I see Ochita as a blond dude, noy sure why.

And scriver is a screwdriver.

Dermonster is his older avater, the one with the book that kind of looked like Dave Strider if he was a creepy wizard.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »

...screwdriver?
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »

Must be an anthropomorphic one.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »

Like Clippy?

"Hey, I noticed you trying to screw that. Would you like help?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2012, 06:39:22 pm »

That line has not gotten me involved in as many threesomes as you might think, though.
Love, scriver~

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »

Hi!

I have to admit that I am also with the unimaginative crowd: no individualized voice while reading posts and no thoughts spent on what the person typing the message may actually look like. Especially the thoughtlessness about the person themselves is actually kind of deliberate since I appreciate the equalizing effect of the internet. That is, thanks to the pseudonymity of avatars and pen names, the things people say get much more weight than what the people are as they are not automatically pidgeonholed due to their appearance (e.g. coloured youth, old white lady, ...). I also don't believe in automatic prestige - I am willing to respect a 14-year-old as much for their insights as a 70-year-old, provided the insights are of the same level.... I hope this is somewhat understandable (^_^;;

Yours,
Deathworks

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »

Like Clippy?

"Hey, I noticed you trying to screw that. Would you like help?"
If there isn't a Clippy-esque browser addon that gives you dirty advice, it must be made.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98