Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 218093 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z - A Zombie mod for Arma 2
« Reply #660 on: July 11, 2012, 07:02:48 am »

Wasteland custom mission?

It's kinda like DayZ, only without zombies.

Linky?

Googly?

Found this forum thread on some random animu board i guess: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/444556.page

No link to an actual download, though - Googly-ing doesn't seem to bring much success.

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06:13 am »

The problem is that he should do one change at a time, and see how that works, rather than releasing an update that will break several different aspects of the game, then do a handfull of hotfixes, each with a new feature or two thrown in for good measure which will mess something else up.

I've seemed to notice that as well. Rocket will just throw in stuff and it'll seem to break other things. And he can never just change one variable in zombie behavior. Maybe he'll reduce hearing, but then he'll increase their line of sight. That's not how you perform an experiment; you change one variable at a time and see how it affects results. You don't just change three because then when there is a problem it's harder to figure out which variable is causing it.

Yeah tuckered out on dayz, at least playing alone without buddys, just logging in sometimes to shot some russians, but it ain't the same now that i have full gear and no worry in the world.

When I don't care about anything anymore, I just start running around killing as many zombies as possible. It can actually be a lot of fun if you just go into a town shooting.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:10:12 am by The Mechanical Man »
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:00 am »

Wasteland custom mission?

It's kinda like DayZ, only without zombies.

Linky?

Googly?

Found this forum thread on some random animu board i guess: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/444556.page

No link to an actual download, though - Googly-ing doesn't seem to bring much success.

You can't download Wasteland. It's just a dynamic mission hosted by Tonic (I think the same guy who is part of the server hosting side of DayZ though I'm not entirely sure).
Under Filters just put Wasteland as the server name, it should show up.

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 11, 2012, 09:06:41 am »

After playing 1.7.2 some more, I have some stories.

First, there are still strange instances of zombie aggro, and there are still instances of instant zombie respawns.

But having magically lost my double barrel shotgun (which was a bad weapon anyways) I took out my hatchet and started running around Rambo style getting kills that way. Miraculously it worked. I scored maybe 30 zombie kills with the hatchet over the course of 45 minutes. I had my legs broken once, and on two occasions their attacks made me bleed, but other than that handling the zombies was not a problem. It was in fact quite hilarious and fun.

At a hunting stand while I was axing military zombies, I ran into another survivor. Looks like he had an M14 or something, some military grade weapon at least. Either way, he didn't fire at me- I can't say for certain if he would have if I had a gun rather than an axe. I leaned left and right with a salute, trying to show my friendliness. Then the two of us chatted for a little but. I shared some cooked food with him and we went our separate ways. It was a nice meeting. But only moments after we started to leave, the zombies we killed only a minute before respawned. So naturally I axed them to death. Then I headed north, found a barn, and finally got a Winchester! I was excited, traveled through the woods a little bit, and logged off.

I would say most of the fun just came from using the hatchet. It was ridiculous fun; charging zombies head on, not bothering to sneak (just sprinting everywhere), etc.
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 11, 2012, 10:09:53 am »

ugh im confused nothisn working now anymore...i downloaded the BEta Patch and 1.72 and now Aram refuses to work at all...well i deinstalled all both of them and reinstall it maybe the whole thing works on a clean slate... :-\

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:05 pm »

ugh im confused nothisn working now anymore...i downloaded the BEta Patch and 1.72 and now Aram refuses to work at all...well i deinstalled all both of them and reinstall it maybe the whole thing works on a clean slate... :-\

Don't reinstall the whole game. Try working through the problem first.

First, what do you mean by "Arma refuses to work at all"? Does this mean you can't get the game to run? Or can you get onto the main menu but not load any missions?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:46 pm »

Get the Six Laucher

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:18 pm »

To be honest, I hate the Six Launcher. I only tried it once, I admit, and maybe I just wasn't doing it right, but it ran extremely slow and seemed to do a totally incompetent job at updating my game. And the server list was all messed up. I just update manually, because it's easy enough and if I mess something up myself I know how to fix it.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 11, 2012, 05:10:51 pm »

So i ganged up alot of zombies, put on "All nightmare along" by Metallica, normally i dont listen to such light form of metal, but it was damn fitting. Blasted it over the local mic as i ran into Elektro, yelling "IM THE ZOMBIE MASTER GUYS, I GOT 200+ ZOMBIES ON MY ASS DONT FUCK WITH ME THEY WILL WRECK YOUR SHI-" then i took a bullet to the head.

I used to be a zombie master like you,
then i took a AKM to the head!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »

I fully endorse that man's message of bullet on you.

There isn't many ways to make me flip my shit but one of them is screaming into the microphone. The other is leaving shopping trolleys in parking spaces. I would shank someone if I saw them do that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:07:37 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 11, 2012, 10:07:46 pm »

Part 1
Part 2
I might actually play this now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 12, 2012, 02:05:11 am »

Well I nearly had a heart attack today.

Normally i sit at a hill near stary and peek at players (with a saw maschine gun and a as50 sniper rifle + nvg + full gear and backpack, my endgame is sitting there and sometimes helping people viva redditrescueforce ) - for half a hour i set there, panning my scoped rifle left and right, listing to podcasts, I notice zombies spawn. 5 minutes of clinging to my screen, looking for the player(s) that did it. A face pops up. Not 800 m away where i was looking at, but about 20m infront of me.

They must have been watching me form behind a rock, viva 3rd person cam [american servers are shy around veteran/hardcore settings).

While I did basically feel more adrealin rushing into my body then any horror movie, 10 years+ of gaming reflexes  did cause me to shot, just shot all the bullets (i was already hit once by this time) and nail him in the head. But there where more. A bum rush of poorly armed, angry survivors.

I have to admit, i was panicked, i was scared and i left after crawling under a glitch-y tree [hiding]. I droped my as50 as sacrifice to the gods for my cowardice and went to another server, abandoning it.

Sadly that hill is just about the only spot where you can see the loot-tents of stary with a decent fire-arc...

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2012, 05:42:05 am »

Hey guys i wanna team up with somebody who dosent ragequit after dying. Just PM me and we will figure it out! Im in europe and i would prefer european servers.

EDIT: I promise not to yell in the microphone
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 12, 2012, 06:59:01 am »

How many new players do you think there will be after the steam sale starts? I've seen a lot of people who post that their going to buy Arma 2 when it goes on sale.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 12, 2012, 07:27:09 am »

I imagine loads more new players. Since quite a lot of people are looking to get basically 2 games just to play the mod (which is kinda buggy and broken at the best of times). They probobly don't wanna spend the price of a full game to try it out.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58