Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 218264 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z
« Reply #795 on: January 30, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »

At one point I had roughly 10-15 people on at any time, all of which knew the passcode and were reglars. Then some dick decided to leak the passcode and it got on a hacking forum, and without a way to let the roughly 80 people that knew the passcode know what the new one was, I just shut the server down. If someone wants to find enough people and a way to keep everyone connected, I'll passcode it, otherwise it's public right now.

i would be interested.... and uhmmm i have a TS3 server
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 30, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

Surely there must be a few here who're interested. If we can gather ~20 people for a game as obscure as Slavehack we can do it for DayZ, too.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 30, 2013, 03:19:58 pm »

im interested and have a way we can connect as well

if anyone is interested in playing dayz you can use my TS to communicate with other bay12 guys just pm me for details
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:36:54 pm by ScriptWolf »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 30, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

You could just have a whitelist along with the password, have us PM you to comfirm we're not dicks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 30, 2013, 04:10:49 pm »

Server is currently public, but is at 108.199.187.23
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 30, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »

Can this be found using Dayz commander or only trough the ingame server browser?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 31, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »

I normally just use the ingame browser, but since it's lan, I just connect through my lan IP. I dunno exactly how everyone else did it. DayZ commander might get mad at the (supposed) ping of 5000+, when it's really no where near that. Most people in the U.S. have 70-150 tops. One dude in NZ had 180, and a dude in the Middle East had like 210?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:06 am »

I've been watching this game from the shadows for a while, however I only have base ARMAII, not combined ops. If I buy the expansion, does it automatically count it as combined ops? I've never really figured that out.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2013, 10:24:42 am »

I've been watching this game from the shadows for a while, however I only have base ARMAII, not combined ops. If I buy the expansion, does it automatically count it as combined ops? I've never really figured that out.

Yup.  Depending on where you bought each, there's a slightly different set of install steps to get them to combine properly.  The one I'm familiar with is Steam...after you have both, you have to run Arma II once, then every time you run Arma II OA after that, it should be running in CO mode.

KG

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2013, 12:33:27 pm »

Yup.  Depending on where you bought each, there's a slightly different set of install steps to get them to combine properly.  The one I'm familiar with is Steam...after you have both, you have to run Arma II once, then every time you run Arma II OA after that, it should be running in CO mode.

KG

Ok, good to know, I have it on steam, so that's perfect!. Now I just need OA to go on sale again, and I can get in to Day Z finally!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:14 am »

Dev log with rocket Dayz stand alone footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x_SKBJaJBcI

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 05, 2013, 10:36:18 am »

Is rocket a kiwi?  If so, my respect for him and Day Z will rise dramatically.

Edit, post-video:

I like the new environment details and the new loot spawning mechanics.  Now if/when I see that it's not going to be another FFA deathmatch with foodstuffs, I'll be interested.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:47:39 am by Carrion »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:15 am »

They need to hurry up and release this so I can play. Been wanting to play DayZ for months now, I just don't want to fuck with installing it as an Arma2 mod.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 05, 2013, 11:41:52 am »

Edit, post-video:

I like the new environment details and the new loot spawning mechanics.  Now if/when I see that it's not going to be another FFA deathmatch with foodstuffs, I'll be interested.

Rocket is in fact a kiwi. Served in the NZ Army (or was it Air Force?) before working for Bohemia.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 05, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

Edit, post-video:

Rocket is in fact a kiwi. Served in the NZ Army (or was it Air Force?) before working for Bohemia.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58