Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 217852 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z
« Reply #840 on: July 17, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »

Bump!

Anyways, anyone wanna team up in DayZ again? I found a nice server, Survival grounds, which is pretty reasonable. Got myself some nice gear too. So if you want to join, its a good place.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 17, 2013, 03:03:09 pm »

You might be able to convince me to play. I actually am in a clan on a different server, but since I haven't played in about a week they might have bumped me out of it... we shall see.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 17, 2013, 03:15:32 pm »

Just grabbed the required game content via Steam Sale recently, and I'd like to play on a less trolly server. Survival Grounds, huh? I'm actually running out of HD space, but I'll see if I can rectify that. How hard can DayZ be... :P
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:18 pm »

Right, message me with your skype or something so we can chat. In game I'm [B12]Werty

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 24, 2013, 08:11:55 am »

Hey, is the B12 server mentioned earlier still online? Finally decided to get the whole deal from summer sales and would like to get into ropes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 28, 2013, 07:16:53 am »

I recently remembered that I got the entire ARMA collection when I pre-ordered ARMA3. Any idea on if any B12 peeps are playing this?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 28, 2013, 12:19:55 pm »

Have to say, I'm slogging it out on one Finnish serv that's somewhat conforming to original, but the pace and stealth requirements really eat away my game time :) And the guns- I've found whopping 3 during course of 6 characters. Barns and that small castle ruin. Dying is easy, although not as easy as "bump into graphical glitch and break your bones", rather "sneak into village through a horde and get bitten as someone else decides to open fire, bleed to death 10 minutes later in safe place as you haven't found bandages".

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 28, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

You can try sneaking, but the way people do it now is run in, nick all the supplies and run out before they can get close to you. And if you want a little more exciting gameplay, go on Taviana maps with 50 players. Those are fun as hell.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 28, 2013, 01:44:44 pm »

I, personally, just find sneaking more fun.
Hello Hunam

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 28, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

You can try sneaking, but the way people do it now is run in, nick all the supplies and run out before they can get close to you. And if you want a little more exciting gameplay, go on Taviana maps with 50 players. Those are fun as hell.
This used to be a valid tactic until the zombies were buffed. Unless another patch came out that changed that, about 75% of my "run in, run out" attempts ended with me worse off than before my run (generally a full run through Berenzino) due to being tackled and being forced to shoot my way out in a few situation.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 29, 2013, 11:36:10 am »

And being sneaky isn't much better, since with recent updates zombies have gotten supernatural senses and will attack you from hundreds of meters away.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 29, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »

Arent they going bezerk when trying to enter a building or going up stairs? i remember aggroing a whole farm, run in barn, wait for them to get on the stairs and headshot them.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 29, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

I at least starting runing instead of using stealth a few weeks after i started playing the game, with a really basic understanding of the game you can almost nullyfy the chances of a zombie killing you, you start to understand zombies are almost a gimmick and the real danger are other players, each second you spend standing you are an easy kill, each second you stay on a town you have more and more chances to get discovered. Most people have a really difficult time hiting targets at 100-200 mts with automatic guns, so runing is ovbiously the best way to move in town where using stealth against players its imposible. Basically: reach a town stay on the outskirts hiding and watching for movement, if you see none, procede to loot as fast as posible and get back to the forest.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 16, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

It's here the standalone has been released!!!

http://dayzgame.com

€23
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 16, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »

Holy shit. Didn't expected it anymore.

Fakedit : though, the page doesn't work for me, I'll check it tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58