Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 217855 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z - A Zombie mod for Arma 2
« Reply #615 on: June 27, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »

When did I say anything about him being happy with the rage- what?

Hold on, I'll try to find the thread.

Yeah he's talked about himself raging, he's glad he does, he says it shows he still cares.

Right, which means that he's content that he rages, because getting mad is a sign of showing you care. What does this have to do with him being happy about people hacking his game?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »

Ah I guess I misinterpreted what you said then, though it's not a huge logical leap to go from
a) knowing he wants this game to be all about delicious tears and
b) he's happy when he gets really upset

... to the conclusion that he's happy when people make him upset. Especially when you posted that in response to a conversation where people were talking about this exact situation. My mistake though.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 27, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »

New patch:

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

Also apparently the master server is either down or being hammered at the moment. Which is a shame because I wanted to trap me some bears survivors.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:47 pm »

That looks like a pretty good patch, but I wouldn't be surprised the server is dead on a release.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:36 pm »

I don't know why but I found the need to reload the melee weapons really endearing. Also, the crowbar is actually godawful. Why would anyone ever pick it up, ever?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »

Umm... I'm not finding any new patch anywhere... same ole 1.7.1.5 everywhere I look.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »

Man this game has gotten ALOT harder lately. I spawned somewhere outside Kutkoma or something, and ran inland. That is the best thing you can do. Raided a couple deer stands and managed to find a remington, and a knife. My plan is to go raid deer stands/city's until I have supplys to take on the NW airfield. Wish me luck.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 27, 2012, 07:41:16 pm »

Umm... I'm not finding any new patch anywhere... same ole 1.7.1.5 everywhere I look.

I think its because of the master server trouble? I dunno really tbh, not tried it myself.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:03 pm »

It still says "Pending update" and since it didn't roll out monday, and it said backup was saturday, I wouldn't expect to see it until saturday at the earliest.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 27, 2012, 09:33:21 pm »

Ah fair enough, I read it was allready out. My bad.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 09, 2012, 03:59:40 pm »

1.7.2 is finally out. Apparently Rocket has been taking the last few weeks to move to a different country.

Be sure to read the instructions on the forums. It requires beta patch 94444.

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 09, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »

Nice! I'll check it out and see how broken stuff is. I don't mind it, though.

Here's a Q&A session with Rocket at Rezzed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXqwewejwU&feature=plcp

There isn't really that much new information about future updates, but it seems Rocket is definitely determined to turn Day Z into a standalone game. But even he doesn't know when that will happen.
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 09, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »

If he turns Day Z into a standalone game I might be a bit sad. The best part about Day Z, I think, is how much attention it has brought to ARMA2, and if they move to their own game then people will simply lose interest.

It would probably be good for the person who actually made the mod though, so good for him.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 09, 2012, 05:48:34 pm »

Rocket is a Bohemia Interactive employee, so I think he would have some major hate coming down at him if he decided to make it into a game on its own.

He's definitely been porting it and testing it into ArmA 3, and is getting full fledged support from the team on that, so it's more likely that we'll see a better port in the next version.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 09, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

I tried to play the game, if its not battleye being out of date and never updating, its an obnoxious retard playing dubstep over the radio while i try to play the game.
I am always stuck at the Waiting for Cahracter to create. I want to rage so much now, i have heard reinstalling battleeye would fix it, but no, game is unavailable.
I have tried every little fix a google search would reveal. No error messages are shown now but the character is never created. I have wasted this entire day and 200 ddk on something that dosent wok and i am sad now. The people i know that play DayZ are all being shitty trolls exploiting me. Nothing helps. I cant paly the game even though my hard ware runs the game on maxed settings, even though my internet is really good and with unlimited bndwidth.It simply wont work and i have lost all my hype.

The character is never created. its like its just a troll mod designed to make me wait and /or iron out errors and then wait forever. I never get to paly the game. Its impossible :(

Fuck you BI, fuck you Rocket, you all suck, hurting me like that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58