Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58

Author Topic: Day Z  (Read 217847 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z - A Zombie mod for Arma 2
« Reply #675 on: July 12, 2012, 10:23:43 am »

Don't reinstall the whole game. Try working through the problem first.

First, what do you mean by "Arma refuses to work at all"? Does this mean you can't get the game to run? Or can you get onto the main menu but not load any missions?

well the problem is that the game doesnt start at all i hit the Shortcut it starts loading and then i get the windows error message "Arma 2 doesnt work anymore..."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 12, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

By shortcut, do you mean a shortcut directly to the .exe file, or a shortcut to steam?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:23 pm »

For one reason or another, every zombie in Cherno was standing still. The server I was on was also almost empty. I'm not gonna say I found anything great, but it was one of the easiest looting experiences I've ever had there and I managed to pick up a not too bad starting kit, including a revolver with plenty of ammo.

The ones I met outside of the city started walking around though, and as I was getting terrible frame rates, I decided to head to the nearby forest and just log off from there.

I can probably say this is the first time I went to Cherno and it didn't end with me getting shot at some point.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 12, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »

it was the shortcut to teh exe file

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »

For one reason or another, every zombie in Cherno was standing still. The server I was on was also almost empty. I'm not gonna say I found anything great, but it was one of the easiest looting experiences I've ever had there and I managed to pick up a not too bad starting kit, including a revolver with plenty of ammo.

The ones I met outside of the city started walking around though, and as I was getting terrible frame rates, I decided to head to the nearby forest and just log off from there.

I can probably say this is the first time I went to Cherno and it didn't end with me getting shot at some point.

I had that once as well actually. It was great fun but I never found particularly good loot. Another time I spawned and everyone was invisible and there were no zombies. No loot though.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:17 pm »

Were all the standing still zombies posed as if they were holding invisible rifles? I had that once. Left the server as soon as I realised what was going on though, didn't wanna get my CD-key banned from playing online for being on a hacked server, or whatever it is they do.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 12, 2012, 07:42:17 pm »

Yeah, that. I hadn't thought of the hacked thing though.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 12, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »

No, all the zombies were in their normal poses, just not moving. And it was possible to still get their attention if you walked in front of them/made too much noise. But while they're still they're easily avoided.

I'd noticed this behavior before on this patch. If I had to guess, they're zombies from a player that had been in that area before and A: lost connection, B: Left the area or C: died. I think there's something screwy with zombie despawning at the moment.

The reason I say this is because the other night I was approaching a barn from a hill. From very far away I could see the zombies all standing/crouching/laying around not moving. Once I got closer, some moving ones ended up appearing nearby as well. Once I was inside I noticed a dead player body and maybe 4 or 5 dead zombies.

My guess? Zombies are having a hard time despawning. Since they don't have a player that they spawned from around anymore, they don't have much to go off of unless you aggro them and become their player. Since they fill some/all of the zombies slots in that area, then the moving ones you normally spawn won't spawn unless there are slots available.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 13, 2012, 02:23:13 am »

I played a little yesterday, had picked up a hunting rifle (CZ) and decided to stalk the cities from the hills.

Just outside Electro, I see a guy doing doughnuts on a quad bike. He had a decent weapon from what I could see, and I was desperate for food - he must have some on him if he can take the time to dick about on a quad.

Right, this is it I thought. My first foray into being a murderer.

I trained my crosshairs on him, waited for him to stop, pulled the trigger. Boom. Dead.

And then I got kicked from the server. For playing the game in the way it's meant to be played. I tried to rejoin, kicked again, and then the server got locked.

What a fecking cry baby.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 13, 2012, 02:44:22 am »

Report it on the forums if you can remember which server it was. That's pretty much against the rules. Hopefully you'll get others with similar experiences to back you up.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 13, 2012, 02:49:02 am »

Worst thing is, I can't even remember the name of the server. Though I think the player was called something like Wiggles or Weggles. Something like that.

One of the big downsides is that Arma doesn't have a facility to record a history of servers you use, or search for players you know the names of.  :-[

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 13, 2012, 03:03:21 am »

it was the shortcut to teh exe file

Try starting it from steam.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 13, 2012, 03:35:49 am »

i did that too, i get the same problem...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 13, 2012, 03:37:11 am »

Hmm, mayby go ask on the arma 2/DayZ forums?
I dont think we can help you here anymore.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 13, 2012, 03:53:56 am »

Worst thing is, I can't even remember the name of the server. Though I think the player was called something like Wiggles or Weggles. Something like that.

One of the big downsides is that Arma doesn't have a facility to record a history of servers you use, or search for players you know the names of.  :-[

Even if you know the name, names aren't unique in Arma2. They're based on player profiles. Could be 50 people named Wiggles or Weggles out there. I know I"ve seen a dozen different Apollos.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58