Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I was drunk the other day  (Read 9513 times)

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: So I was drunk the other day
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:45 am »

He must have masterwork adamantine mechanisms!
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:45 am »

Someone must draw this. NOW.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:51:06 am »

@OP : Hell yeah !

Hmm... so how good of an idea is it to give my crossbowdwarves a hammer for when they run out of bolts? It'd be better than the usual "whack the goblin with the crossbow" strategy. Assuming, that is, that they didn't just ignore their crossbows and rush into melee with the goblins still unperforated and much more lively than I'd like.

It works. You may use copper crossbows (heavier material), silver war hammers and heavy armor, but markshammerdwarves do work - i've been doing this in DF2010 all the time.

Or you can just use copper crossbows as blunt weapons, they work well enough for caving skulls or breaking bones.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:54:08 am by Naryar »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 10:05:07 am »

@OP : Hell yeah !

Hmm... so how good of an idea is it to give my crossbowdwarves a hammer for when they run out of bolts? It'd be better than the usual "whack the goblin with the crossbow" strategy. Assuming, that is, that they didn't just ignore their crossbows and rush into melee with the goblins still unperforated and much more lively than I'd like.

It works. You may use copper crossbows (heavier material), silver war hammers and heavy armor, but markshammerdwarves do work - i've been doing this in DF2010 all the time.

Or you can just use copper crossbows as blunt weapons, they work well enough for caving skulls or breaking bones.

Kind of makes me want to give my marksdorfs all those amazing large copper knifes as secondary weapons.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

Problem is copper is pretty bad, and you need to carry another weapon.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:54 pm »

We need to test a hammer/axe/spear dwarf on all types of enemies. Small to Giant animals. Then "normal" creatures such as gobs/elves. Onto the titans and FB, and last but not least... a single clown. Can you summons clowns in arena mode? Im really interested now.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 12:20:25 pm »

Problem is copper is pretty bad

Copper is so unappreciated these days :(

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 12:45:34 pm »

Marksdwarves have the minimum range, where they will run to enemies and bash them with weapons instead of shooting. Therefore I routinely give my marksdwarves a second weapon (usually a hammer, but the first team takes whatever they want, since many of them have some melee experience already) and a metal crossbow (because they still choose to bash with the crossbow sometimes - if the fight is long enough they can use both weapons). Since there's not much difference between different metals for blunt weapon, copper ones work good, but I personally prefer silver (if I have it) and steel and reserve copper for bolts (an ballista arrows). I also assign the marksdwarves teams to the barracks. Melee-only teams train faster, but range-teams are more universal, after some time. Actually the only difference is the latter have assigned additional weapon and bolts. All the armour and training regimen is the same. It seems to work pretty well, in my fifth year in .34.07 fortress I have yet to experience a military death during battle, despite not using danger rooms.

Only problem I had is that one of my marksdwarves broke his nail and finger, and it doesn't heal and he doesn't want to go to the hospital...

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How do you set up your squads, do you fill them up 10/10 or are you using the 2man squad?
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

I usually use five or six per squad. But then, I also draft every male into the military (I'm too tired of baby-shield-inspired tantrum spirals to let the females in), and do live-target practice instead of relying on archery ranges.
Pages: 1 [2]