Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How well do you understand how a idiots mind works?  (Read 1443 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: How well do you understand how a idiots mind works?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 09:19:15 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 12:58:07 am »

Anewaname, going to share a comment i recieved on reddit that i think also has relevance.

"I believe there may be a lot with a sort of mental fog that makes it harder for them to think hard. Like pulling magnets apart. From what I've heard from talking to many, it seems like it is just so easy to "just exist and not use your thoughts very much" and it is super unmotivating to use your effort to pull those magnets apart and think about what you're doing.

Other than that I have no theory's"
I remember not answering this post long ago....

The magnets idea seems good as an analogy.

Compare how drug-addicts respond just to the idea of the drug... it is either a strong attraction or strong aversion and not much in the way of a mild response; and the drugs in this case may be the naturally-dosages from the human body (serotonin/dopamine/oxytocin/etc)...

When people have conversations where the emotion seems wrong and the conversation no longer involves conversing, it doesn't matter if they are aware or unaware of their actions... they are being attracted to happy-drugs or in aversion to the unhappy-drugs.

In a conversation, people rarely are afraid to think, but they can be very afraid to express their conclusion, especially if they fear their tribe's response.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 05:05:13 pm »

Wait. Have you been doing this for one and a half year allready?! Noooo. No? WTF

WTF!?

Ok, mind blown.

Also, the concept of "idiots" was created by....idiots. It's a way to derogatively discuss people who are not you.

Also, I have been self-described as an idiot.  But that was a while ago.  Again, mind blown.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 04:14:02 am »

I though idiots were created when a mommy idiot and a daddy idiot loved each other very much and commenced to humping.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 [2]