Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 97348 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 02:43:30 am »

I have another one.. back in the day... maybe just a few years back when Soulja' Boy was popular... all of the fucking vids of it on youtube with random ass animations spliced in to coincide with the lyrics. That is something that really grinds my gears...not sure if Soulja' Boy was the name of the song or the singer but really? more than 10 of the same damned song with different cartoons spliced in? FUCKING SPONGEBOB for fuck's sake?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 02:48:00 am »

The second most annoying thing on the internet is the "all powerful teen boy" with the "tits or GTFO" thing.

The first most is that people actually then to what they say, completing the feedback cycle.
This is a blank sig.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 02:50:17 am »

People constantly spouting inane drivel that they are hardly even interested in themselves.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:05 am »

I don't know about this "all powerful teen boy" thing, but I can give you a link to the location that next one started heh. Call and Response is common in a lot of things, even if it just "shut up you <random ass expletive>" it just fuels the troll fires. This coming from someone who trolls when pissed off at people or chat groups...

this message approved by the unequivocal trolls of the interwebs and all subsidiaries therein... we thank you for fuel

EDIT!

LordCooper... your avatar pic looks like someone doing a handstand inside of an ameoba... and that person has something resembling a huge tumor growing out of one of its legs... rather creepy, and thus I approve heartily :D keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:54:48 am by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:47 am »

@OP: I just noticed this...why is your image called Dwarfgif.png?  :P
It was originally an animated gif, but I never got around to finishing the last 10%.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 06:51:12 am »

Imageshack is bad if you don't know how to use it.

I use imageshack, just copy the direct link and place it in an img bracket, no links.

I don't mind MLP, or the GIF spam, but their constant attempts at indoctrinating others annoys me. Why can't they just leave people alone?

Wait wut you had a Derpy avatar a while back...?

Also.

Mandatory.

"THAT'S THE POWER...

OF RELIGION."
Even though I've not actually witnessed this cult like conversion behaviour... Not that I doubt it exists somewhere.

Most of all though, would have to be the abolishment of #1/#2

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 07:31:10 am »

I don't recall using a Derpy avi, but I did once use a Rarity one. Specifically, the marshmallow version.

But I absolutely know I didn't force-feed MLP into anyone, ever. Unless if pony avatars count as indoctrinating.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:55 am »

Unless if pony avatars count as indoctrinating.

They make baby seals cry.

Never felt like I've had MLP stuffed down my throat, though that might be because this is the only web community I frequent.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 10:24:42 am »

Annoyance-ception?
Ugh, too much of a mouthful. Quick, someone come up with a snappier version!
The internet  :P

I'd sig this, but you used too many emoticons and forgot the punctuation, not to mention the lack of a capital 'I'.
That just makes it better, though!

Derail sense tingling! First mention of MLP in the context of the last post imminent in 36 minutes and 1 hour! Or something?
Boom. Perfect called shot on that one.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 11:00:57 am »

Unless if pony avatars count as indoctrinating.
It does to some, I know! I remember arguing with one person who wanted people to stop identifying with ponies entirely just because they were tired of seeing avatars and such. Some people are really egocentric and find passive communication of interests/hobbies to be irritating.

Never felt like I've had MLP stuffed down my throat, though that might be because this is the only web community I frequent.
Yeah there have been some bad apples doing that, though none here. You can determine who's a fanboy and who's a jerk by which one will stop talking to you about it once you ask.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 12:01:16 pm »

I just say "aim it at the audience".  Now, this is difficult, because there'll be somewhat of a drift where less literate contributions (as in you/you're and "could of" offenders, who don't mean badly) contribute to an otherwise normally literate and intelligent context, as well as the guys who insist on proper capitalisation upon a forum whose current 'flavour' is to ignore all that...  Sadly, I suspect there's more 'drift down' than 'drift up', although I've also seen 'drift way-up!' when pedanticism pedanticness pedanticity a picky attitude goes viral.

But on a forum such as this, with its current intellectual quotient, I'd heavily suggest that anyone still with a confusion about "your" and "you're"[1] overcome their oversight.  I have been known to PM people with advice about this confusion (and other similar ones), but I usually hate myself for it in the cold light of day immediately after sending that.  I really hate it when the reply I get back is "English is not my first language!", but that also tends to surprise me, as people in that position tend to not make such mistakes (and their posts are otherwise indistinguishable from an educated native-anglophone).  Whether by a bad background in school, laziness or deliberate affectation, most offenders are English (or equivalent, but mostly English or American) through-and-through.

But I can read txtspk lk a n8tv f i wnt to, 45 \/\/311 4Z 1337 5p34k 4 7h0z p|_4C3Z 7h@ |2I73 !7.  Forgive me if I dislike those who carry this habit (in a non-exemplar way!) onto 'proper' forums, though.

I have so many other things that I'm annoyed about (some of which are already mentioned), but I'll forgo that, as one of the bad internet habits that I have is rambling on and on and on and on...  Case in point: the above and the footnotes below.

Noodle: Magma, yes?

[1] I have a theory about this...  Possessives normally are apostrophised (Starver's post, Noodle's thread) and that kicks some otherwise well-grammared individuals into picking the wrong choice.  Certainly this has been the case for me with possessive "its" (as opposed to contracted "it's <= it is"), before it was pointed out to me that "it's", "he's", "she's", "they's", "us's", "you's", are all (by way of being earlier solidified in language before current language rules[2] might well have re-standardised them as other than "its", "his", "hers", "their", "our" and "your".  In fact, I have a tendency to additionally use "ones" ("belongs to one", where "one" is the indefinite person, or first person if you're using language like the Queen or Margaret Thatcher[3]), because I think that this particular usage of "one" fits much better with the "irregular grouping" than with the workaday regular possessive transformations.

[2] Oh, and I pay little head to the "Language is always changing!" argument, especially when it comes to justify "could of" usage.  There's logical morphing according to new needs (the invention of new terms for new technologies/applications of technology), and in the old days there was a lot of ignorant and illiterate morphing, but there's no real excuse for most of the 'illiterate morphing' you see in this day and age.

[3] It'd still be "One's Complement" in computing, or any other instance where the digit (or value) is being described.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 12:16:52 pm »

I just say "aim it at the audience".

I read that in the wrong frame of mind and now I can't unthink it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 12:29:45 pm »

[2] Oh, and I pay little head to the "Language is always changing!" argument, especially when it comes to justify "could of" usage.  There's logical morphing according to new needs (the invention of new terms for new technologies/applications of technology), and in the old days there was a lot of ignorant and illiterate morphing, but there's no real excuse for most of the 'illiterate morphing' you see in this day and age.
This. Yes, the language was different 100 years ago, and it shall be different 100 years into the future, but ‘could of’ is awkward and clumsy right now.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

And I am annoyed by people who condemn nonconforming behavior when it lacks any actual practical or ethical downsides.

This.

you shouldn't post drunk kids
Yeah, one should avoid that. Thanks for giving me new idea for avatar though!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 12:35:05 pm »

you shouldn't post drunk kids
Yeah, one should avoid that. Thanks for giving me new idea for avatar though!
Did he? Your avatar does not even mention drunk kids.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35