Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 96806 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #495 on: January 15, 2018, 11:23:03 am »

Getting tired of offensive 4chan memes. The sick, stupid cackling of the people that present them to me is starting to grind my gears something fierce. It's like, stand for something or just please shut the fuck up. This "le enfant provocateur" shit was old in 2014.

I think everybody would be tired of those, given what 4chan is.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 15, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »

There's a certain age group that likes to parrot the meme of the hour. It bothers me, too.

That's not even what bothers me.  Its calling things memes that haven't even done anything memetic.  Like someone making a picture with a caption and calling it a meme when showing it to other people for the very first time.  Its one of one those cases where mainstream culture decides something is cute and grinds it into meaningless buzzword dust to sprinkle on their sitcom cakes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #497 on: January 15, 2018, 09:14:11 pm »

this KILLS the meme

Worse still is how forced and inorganic they are. You find that no longer is a joke turned into a meme, but instead have people arbitrarily declare "this is a meme now" and turn jokes into rules, utterly killing the soul and comedy of the bants

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2018, 09:20:40 pm »

If people don't improve on this Loud Whispers meme I'm just gonna make the password private again, come on guys
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #499 on: January 15, 2018, 09:51:05 pm »

Pst you just violated meme regulations now I have to call the meme police on you

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »

Praising things that are "non-conformist" simply for the sake of them being non-conformist. Novelty/difference does not imply worth.

Chronological snobbery.

Straw man.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2019, 03:44:24 pm »

Repeated necroposting
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2019, 07:54:35 pm »

I am sick to death of people who think they're game design experts or know "the industry" inside-and-out because they watched Sequelitis once. It's like those people who think they're some sort of political operator with the inside scoop because they glanced at the front cover of National Enquirer while checking out at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and if I see one more video thumbnail with a featureless cartoon avatar pointing at some totally unremarkable thing from the 90's and saying HUHHHH!? WHAAAAA? WHADJUAFUHHHH@?!??@? I am going to into YouTube's central servers with a crowbar and probably never coming out. Doubly so if, instead of a cartoon avatar, it's some mid-20s nobody with a douchey beard facepalming at some random game that was recently announced/released.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 07:58:44 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #503 on: August 06, 2020, 07:51:03 pm »

Repeated necroposting
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:40 pm »

It will continue to happen until somebody explains what the possible harm of necroposting is.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 06, 2020, 08:10:27 pm »

Textual Witchcraft.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 07, 2020, 08:28:29 am »

Do you know that feeling when you have an argument, and then you move on, and then somebody brings it up again several days later when the argument is dead and buried

Yeah, that

Or when you've exhausted a topic and moved on and then some guy thinks he has something to add but he doesn't

That too

Or the build up of negative energy, which is like literally entropy and the antithesis of life and existence, in the material plane and how it literally leeches life energy away

Especially that
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »

Do you know that feeling when you have an argument, and then you move on, and then somebody brings it up again several days later when the argument is dead and buried

Yeah, that

Or when you've exhausted a topic and moved on and then some guy thinks he has something to add but he doesn't

That too

Or the build up of negative energy, which is like literally entropy and the antithesis of life and existence, in the material plane and how it literally leeches life energy away

Especially that
I doubt this is literal, plus I’m not sure what you mean by “negative energy”

As for Internet things that annoy me, I can’t think of any at the moment

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2020, 04:04:07 am »

Nowadays, I've noticed a trend of forced, false positivity in many communities. The kind of "We are a FRIENDLY community of FRIENDLY HUGS ^_^ so you can't discuss [enormous list of innocuous topics] and if you disagree you're evil" stuff.

Inevitably, these places are the most hateful and spiteful things I've seen online, because the rules effectively prevent people from excluding toxic users, harmful attention seekers and just general twats. They build up until normal users are fed up and leave, and you're just left with a bunch of weridos echoing their own severely deranged opinions back to themselves.

It was all perfectly tolerable, but I've seen people with this attitude leaking into some of the communities I visit, causing much derailment. I guess you can say I hate the habit of echo chambering.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:13:02 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2020, 08:12:12 am »

Yeah, that

That too

Especially that
I doubt this is literal, plus I’m not sure what you mean by “negative energy”

As for Internet things that annoy me, I can’t think of any at the moment

It's a reference to D&D metaphysics (now outdated since the 4th edition) where "Negative Energy" from the "Negative Energy Plane" was what fueled undead creations and such.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35