Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 460383 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize to the 42 people who downloaded this already! I messed up the dwarves on the first release, and neglected to include graphics definitions for many jobs, which lead to odd things. I apologize for not noticing this sooner, I should have tested more thoroughly before I left for my vacation.

The DFFD has been updated, and now also includes vanilla colours (in case you dislike Tocky), and better keybindings, for your convenience.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:00:02 pm by Taffer »

sp4ztique

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Loving this tileset, I've noticed a glitch in the CLA version of it though: The wall character that looks like a backwards L, the version for joining 2 smoothed walls has the tile from the version that joins a smoothed wall and an unsmoothed one. The broken tile is the one directly underneath the 1/4 tile.

It appears to be correct in the images in the first post of this thread, so maybe the version included in the CLA add on is an old one?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving this tileset, I've noticed a glitch in the CLA version of it though: The wall character that looks like a backwards L, the version for joining 2 smoothed walls has the tile from the version that joins a smoothed wall and an unsmoothed one. The broken tile is the one directly underneath the 1/4 tile.

It appears to be correct in the images in the first post of this thread, so maybe the version included in the CLA add on is an old one?

Thank you, and thanks for reminding me. I've been meaning to bring the double-sized versions up to speed. Give me a bit of time and I'll update the CLA version twice. Once with a corrected tileset, and once with the newer versions once I've gotten a better method of upscaling.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:15:42 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies. I've been really busy lately (that is, my wedding), so I haven't had much time to work things out. I just spent a few hours fiddling about with GNU Octave in order to get the tileset resizer from here on the forums to work, but as I have Windows 8 first Octave and now the scripts are going pear-shaped, so I'm calling it quits, so the double-sized versions are not updated to the nicer font until things cease being crazy.

I have fixed the download for you, however, and should have done so immediately rather than wait to update everything.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:38:49 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A small update! I fixed a small error where Dwarven zombies and ghosts weren't using their correct icons, and the rest of the update comes in the form of a new, more vanilla friendly colour set, edited from a set posted by Tamber-Krain on the Dwarf Fortress reddit and included with permission. (Thanks!) Screenshots are also included, for easier decision making. I haven't been playing with Tocky's colours for some time and wanted to distance myself a bit from them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 am by Taffer »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

The lower left corner of the capital O letter has a missing piece in your 2x version.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:'( ???
The lower left corner of the capital O letter has a missing piece in your 2x version.

Thanks for the heads up! It's fixed now. A stray scale2x artifact. Cheers!

Tarycan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I love your tileset, it's so beautiful & elegant! Thanks for making this!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love your tileset, it's so beautiful & elegant! Thanks for making this!

You're welcome. I'm happy you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any feedback or questions!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:44:16 pm by Taffer »

Nexus001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Love your tileset! Thank you very much!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love your tileset! Thank you very much!

You're welcome! Happy 'dorfing!'

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets & Graphics (Beautified ASCII!)
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »

Minor update! I redid the images on the front post, and I may rewrite it. As usual lately, there's hardly any changes. The two tiles that I think were my weakest, the human and elven soldiers, have both been replaced with images inspired by Vherid's work, with his permission. Human soldiers now look like they have a helm with a visor, instead of vaguely resembling Egyptian mummies. I'm still not entirely happy with the noble images, but there's not much I can do about them due to the small size. If I work something out, I'll update again.

I read somewhere on 4chan about people wondering how long it'd take me to update. The answer is about 5 minutes or so, as I don't modify the raws in any way and haven't read anything about the graphics file format changing. The initial release will likely only contain the default keybindings, though. If anything in the graphics files needs to change, it'll take me longer, of course.

EDIT: Reuploaded with an extra colour scheme that I've been using, DawnBringer. No other changes at all.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:14:12 pm by Taffer »

Seleucian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »

Just updated to the latest version with the Dawnbringer colors and it looks fantastic!
thanks for the continued updates!

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »

Disclaimer: I'm quite new to ASCII tilesets.

I tried different versions of Taffer's tileset and my hero always blinked blue in adventurer mode. AS I recall, "@" is not blinking in vanilla DF. Is it normal behaviour or did I do something wrong?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:26 am »

Disclaimer: I'm quite new to ASCII tilesets.

I tried different versions of Taffer's tileset and my hero always blinked blue in adventurer mode. AS I recall, "@" is not blinking in vanilla DF. Is it normal behaviour or did I do something wrong?

I confess I don't play Adventurer mode in the current version, but I don't believe it was doing that when I was testing initially. I'm looking into it now. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: I believe it may be a bug with the game. Phoebus, Spacefox, and Obsidian have the same problem. If I find a fix, however, I'll update the thread and let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience! If it bothers you, you can do away with the graphics entirely and just stick to the tileset. Set GRAPHICS to 'no' in init.txt.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:34:32 am by Taffer »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50