Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 459151 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets & Graphics: Attractive ASCII
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2014, 07:18:44 pm »

Now that is interesting. It looks like he's wearing a skull helm on his upper head and he has this sinister look in his eyes, especially the red guy.

What else would be the purpose of your thread if not to talk about your own work?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2014, 07:21:39 pm »

Now that is interesting. It looks like he's wearing a skull helm on his upper head and he has this sinister look in his eyes, especially the red guy.

What else would be the purpose of your thread if not to talk about your own work?

A fair point. Thanks again! I'm really liking this new tile.

An update will be made in a few days unless the new soldier tile proves controversial. I'll likely include the one on the left: it aligns with the dwarf tile better. I also improved the branch/root tiles by a few pixels. Lastly, I'm going to drop support for the smoothly scaled double-sized variants. I tried out a game with them and too many things bothered me. I'll still support double-sized versions, scaled as Vherid suggested several few pages back. This will also make my life much easier.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:12:33 pm by Taffer »

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2014, 09:31:26 am »

I like those soldier dwarves! They look good with the skull-helm.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:55 am »

Dwarf tile is one of most important things in every tileset. Damn, i still remember how one of early Duerers was referred somewhere as "that one with squid in gas mask". So, i understand your intention to make new tile, you'll be more comfortable with.

But IMO, visor-themed warrior tiles were better than dwarves-with-skulls, being some kind of Taffer™ trademark. Anyway, choice is yours, since i'm playing mainly with Duerer, for obvious reason :)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2014, 10:49:57 am »

Looks good! I must admit I'm a bigger fan of the helmets the way CLA has them, simply because they feel more believable to me for all the (bone/wood/metal) materials they can be made of.
Regardless, it feels a lot better than the previous soldier tile, to be honest I didn't like that one, and definitely like this one. Your tileset though! Let's not forget that. (and needless to say the pixel work looks sharp as ever)

About the colors, I totally forgot about tocky! I can't find the colour set anymore either, just really liked the way your colors look now but I recall they were a lot whiter / colder toned. Less soft red/brown, which my whole system is themed, so yea, I like what you did with them ^^

(I need to try some more of Vherid's great color sets see if there's something like tocky in there.. if I ever get tired of this lovely pack that is ;] )

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2014, 11:39:28 am »

About the colors, I totally forgot about tocky! I can't find the colour set anymore either, just really liked the way your colors look now but I recall they were a lot whiter / colder toned. Less soft red/brown, which my whole system is themed, so yea, I like what you did with them ^^

(I need to try some more of Vherid's great color sets see if there's something like tocky in there.. if I ever get tired of this lovely pack that is ;] )

Thanks for the feedback!

Tocky's colours are included in my download in the alternates folder, so you already have them. The original colours are located here. My inspiration originally was redrawing tiles from Tocky's tileset that I disliked, but I've since redone almost all of it, including both fonts. I suspect Vherid had similar inspiration, because several of Vherid's colour schemes resemble Tocky's. I still spend most of my time playing with Tocky's colours, even after years of use.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:15:31 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2014, 11:54:22 am »

Having too much fun making soldier tiles not to share more, and I'm overstaying my welcome in regards to feedback. Thank you Vherid, CowThing, HaterSkater, palu, Rogue Yun, and Ucarty! I'll make up my mind soon(ish).

A new challenger enters the ring!

Skyrim, meet Dwarf Fortress. You two should get along well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:59:16 am by Taffer »

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2014, 12:02:47 pm »

Having too much fun making soldier tiles not to share more, and I'm overstaying my welcome in regards to feedback. Thank you Vherid, CowThing, HaterSkater, palu, Rogue Yun, and Ucarty! I'll make up my mind soon(ish).

A new challenger enters the ring!

I love it! I thought of the bonemold helmet as soon as I saw it. I like it more than the skull helmet.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:07 pm »

Hi
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »

My recommendation:

Keep it simple and clean.

To me, that is why I like your tileset so much.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2014, 12:21:57 pm »

Hi

Apparently you thought of this first. It's been a while since I played with your set (and I rarely bother with military lately), so I'd forgotten how your soldier tile looked. If I do end up using my tile I'll add your name to the credits, unless you'd rather not have me use it. Apologies!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2014, 12:35:06 pm »

Hi

Apparently you thought of this first. It's been a while since I played with your set (and I rarely bother with military lately), so I'd forgotten how your soldier tile looked. If I do end up using my tile I'll add your name to the credits, unless you'd rather not have me use it. Apologies!

They're not "that" similar.

That soldier icon is weird though, personally I'm not a fan of it. Kinda looks like someone made a mother robot.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2014, 01:36:16 pm »

Spoiler: Skyrim? Nonono. (click to show/hide)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »

Hi

I didn't mean you cannot use it, just noticed that they look similar  :)
Use it, it looks cool. And you don't have to credit me for a single tile, especially if you took it from skyrim
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2014, 05:56:13 pm »

[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:SHUN]
Other than that, the skull ones vary from cool to weird, and the Skyrim one looks kinda like a squid.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50