Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 459329 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer: 66 ASCII tilesets. Racial graphics included. [v38][10x/20x]
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2016, 08:21:36 am »

That's seems pretty bright for black.
A darker black would contrast better, but maybe I just don't understand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Upon taking a second look I think you're right, but that one is a little too far in the other direction I feel. I'll tweak it to a better middle ground.

Might I please include the colour scheme in the next release, with credit?

Thank you,
Yes, once I touch it up a bit.

EDIT: Alright I darkened the black a bit more to my liking. It's a stylistic thing, I enjoy the way it blends with the greens and makes them more muted but still interesting to look at, while keeping the overall feeling warm. It's good to go now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:36:40 am by Vherid »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer: 66 ASCII tilesets. Racial graphics included. [v3.9][10x/20x]
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »

Minor update to 3.9. Thank you for the new Soyuz colour scheme, Vherid! No other noteworthy changes, with the exception of the Moscow/Vherid tileset being fixed in this release. I had already fixed the walls on Github but then forgot to draft a new release for it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:19:01 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2016, 03:07:16 pm »

Added stupid propoganda to the front page. Sincere apologies to the wonderful artist UlaFish (ulafish.deviantart.com).

"Art by UlaFish (ulafish.deviantart.com)"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:35:19 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:44 pm »

The below changes will be made in a few days. Kindly post if you object. The all-white graphics are the new versions. Another look at the new goblin sprites can be found in the propoganda above. This will banish the last bit of grey from my work aside from the digging aid on tile 219. I never play with graphics anymore due to the annoying glitches but that doesn't mean they have to look bad.

Dwarf

Human

Elf

Goblin

Kobold

I've also finally started the new CLA addon and I'm making reasonable progress.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:28:01 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2016, 01:13:24 am »

Kindly ignore the DFFD CLA update: this is just my outdated work updated to the also outdated DF 0.42.05. It's not the update you're looking for.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:04:09 am by Taffer »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2016, 08:57:10 pm »

Tafferanon was Taffer? Than who was phone?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2016, 10:14:39 pm »

Tafferanon was Taffer? Than who was phone?

Not sure what you mean by phone, but I made my first--and last--two 4chan posts in response to somebody asking about Taffer/CLA for 0.42.05. Being tired and naive, I assumed they wanted my Taffer/CLA addon updated to that version. I was working on it at the time so it was an easy assumption to make.

In retrospect they were probably just asking for either Taffer or CLA for 0.42.05 and they just don't know how to edit init.txt.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2016, 09:17:40 pm »

You'll be back, one of us, one of us, one of us!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »

Up to v4.0. No more grey, and much improved racial graphics! I pity the fool still using my old versions.

Dwarves

Alternate Dwarves

Humans

Elves

Goblins

Kobolds

EDIT: Post-release fixes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:35:35 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer: 66 ASCII tilesets. Racial graphics included. [v4.1][10x/20x]
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:04 pm »

Blitzing through updates. Now up to 4.1. After a few minutes playing and some thinking, I adjusted the floor tile in all tilesets--except the Moscow sets, which didn't need it--for better visibility and differentation while playing. I also made a very minor adjustment to light grey in the Pastel colour scheme in the interest of increasing clarity between dark grey and light grey.

My modified preview image should clarify the floor change: the thinner floor is the new floor. (Actually old floor, this is really just reverting new work).

After some thought I think that it looks nicer this way. The floor shouldn't stand out: everything on it should.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:07:43 am by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 04, 2016, 11:00:11 pm »

You'll be back, one of us, one of us, one of us!

Still no plans to post, but I forgot to call you out on this:

Quote from: Max™ (probably)
...and rumor has it Taffer has been spotted lurking around. I set some traps so I could have my very own pet taffykun but I had no luck yet

I prefer Taffysenpai. :ţ

Ok wait, where did you learn how to upscale things without them being fugly like I make them, is there a guide somewhere I missed? I had a horrible time trying to upscale parts of the walls from one of the 20x tilesets I like to work with the 24x I use, do you use photoshop or GIMP for it?
Ahhhh, see, that is probably the question I should ask, what makes a good pixel scaler, huh?
Quote from: Taffer
Date Registered:    February 29, 2012, 19:05:32
Quote from: Max™
Date Registered:    September 15, 2014, 22:15:44
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:07:59 am by Taffer »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2016, 05:41:41 am »

Blitzing through updates. Now up to 4.1. After a few minutes playing and some thinking, I adjusted the floor tile in all tilesets--except the Moscow sets, which didn't need it--for better visibility and differentation while playing. I also made a very minor adjustment to light grey in the Pastel colour scheme in the interest of increasing clarity between dark grey and light grey.

My modified preview image should clarify the floor change: the thinner floor is the new floor. (Actually old floor, this is really just reverting new work).

After some thought I think that it looks nicer this way. The floor shouldn't stand out: everything on it should.

I like this a lot. Good change.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 06, 2016, 10:53:13 am »

I was using taffykun as a sign of affection not the diminutive form, and the new floors are better, though I just noticed the 4.0 dwarf soldier alternatives, the last one has a space invader eating their head, poor little thing must be hungry for brains and not know a dorf mostly uses their head as a mounting point for the beard plus stray ammo storage.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 06, 2016, 11:03:21 am »

I like this a lot. Good change.

Thank you kindly. Next time I feel up to tileset work I might pass over everything again and see what other tiles are thicker than they need to be.

I was using taffykun as a sign of affection not the diminutive form, and the new floors are better, though I just noticed the 4.0 dwarf soldier alternatives, the last one has a space invader eating their head, poor little thing must be hungry for brains and not know a dorf mostly uses their head as a mounting point for the beard plus stray ammo storage.

Thank you for making me laugh. I always felt that my dwarf soldier alternatives were somewhat unnoticed: I surmised people were still using older versions because they preferred beards and the old soldiers so I threw in various options for those people, but I've never seen anybody use the alternates.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 06, 2016, 11:13:04 am »

I like them because you keep the /dfg/ variant soldier/beards in there, which, like I said, it's just such a cozy looking set, but yeah... the space invader hat was an interesting twist.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50