Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 460098 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets & Graphics: Attractive ASCII
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2014, 01:56:20 pm »

The new one looks more like a strange mask. The old one was perfect. Ah well, if I really want it I can edit it myself.
Your tileset is still awesome though. Thank you very much for all the work you've done.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2014, 04:04:10 pm »

The new one looks more like a strange mask. The old one was perfect. Ah well, if I really want it I can edit it myself.
Your tileset is still awesome though. Thank you very much for all the work you've done.

I have been trying to fix this up.

Rejected (and current) dwarf soldier designs:
Possible new dwarf designs: Second from the left is a soldier tile.

At any rate, I'm in no rush. I'm not making any change to things for a while. I want to gather feedback on this before proceeding any further, as I'd rather end up at a solution that everybody thinks is an improvement.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:21:15 pm by Taffer »

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »

I kinda' like #6 from the left :D I'd give #8 a close second.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »

I kinda' like #6 from the left :D I'd give #8 a close second.

Thanks for the feedback! Good job at responding, you managed to get in before I finished editing up my post (a bad habit of mine).

The new dwarf designs would definitely leave more room for awesome viking helmet spikes, like #6 from the left.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:28 pm »

Playing around more with the new ideas for dwarf tiles.

Old and new soldier designs in both variations, with their current iterations beside them:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:53:05 pm by Taffer »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2014, 08:30:01 pm »

At any rate, I'm in no rush. I'm not making any change to things for a while. I want to gather feedback on this before proceeding any further, as I'd rather end up at a solution that everybody thinks is an improvement.
#7 here looks great, with #6 as my second. Why not make a poll?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

See it's funny because I did the opposite. I hated the previous one and I would edit it into one of my more weird ones.

I like 1/2 as the ones that currently stand now. I did not like 3. 4 is a bit cluttered, 5 looks kind of interesting. 6 Looks like a miner's face. 8 Looks like cyborg ninja from MGS, while 7 looks like a winged mix of that.

In the double tiers, 1 looks a little mishapen. I like the 2, but the top one seems too short like only a mask, and the bottom one looks 3d in an odd way. 3rd column 2nd one is cute. 4th column not a fan.

In your next set, same thing for column 1 again, not a fan of 2, 3 is interesting, 4 is also interesting.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »

See it's funny because I did the opposite. I hated the previous one and I would edit it into one of my more weird ones.

I like 1/2 as the ones that currently stand now. I did not like 3. 4 is a bit cluttered, 5 looks kind of interesting. 6 Looks like a miner's face. 8 Looks like cyborg ninja from MGS, while 7 looks like a winged mix of that.

In the double tiers, 1 looks a little mishapen. I like the 2, but the top one seems too short like only a mask, and the bottom one looks 3d in an odd way. 3rd column 2nd one is cute. 4th column not a fan.

In your next set, same thing for column 1 again, not a fan of 2, 3 is interesting, 4 is also interesting.

Thank you for the detailed analysis! I'll sit on it for a while. I don't really want to go back to the old one: I dislike it. Thank you again!

#7 here looks great, with #6 as my second. Why not make a poll?

I doubt I'll get enough feedback for a poll to be worth it, and I doubt I'll get a consensus strong enough. I'll patiently collect feedback for a while. I like things as they are already, anyways. Thanks for your thoughts!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:17:53 pm by Taffer »

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2014, 02:53:51 pm »

I just wanted to drop in and say this tileset is amazing!
I use this or CLA. After getting past it being ASCII I've never been able to go back to the image / icon tilesets.
Add to that the aweome colors, and this easily makes for my favorite pick.

I've played for a couple years, I've used many tilesets, congratulations on making the one I consider my favorite.
Thanks.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2014, 04:02:19 pm »

I just wanted to drop in and say this tileset is amazing!
I use this or CLA. After getting past it being ASCII I've never been able to go back to the image / icon tilesets.
Add to that the aweome colors, and this easily makes for my favorite pick.

I've played for a couple years, I've used many tilesets, congratulations on making the one I consider my favorite.
Thanks.

I'm happy that you like it. You're one of the first to compliment the colour schemes. I appreciate it; I worked hard on the Dawnbringer and the Taffer colours. I generally leave colour schemes to Vherid, but I wanted some nice defaults of my own included. I still love Tocky's colours.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

I wasn't planning on uploading any more attempts at the soldier tile; I feel I have enough noise on the subject here already. That being said, this one turned out better than I had expected. I'm still uncertain if I'll be using it, however. I'll cease further uploads unless this one proves popular and people have suggestions. Its intended to be a dwarf wearing a skull instead of a helmet; it's even similar to its civilian counterpart.

In an unrelated note: I cleaned up the description and the previews. More work will be done towards getting some nice cover screenshots up after I've had time to play with the upcoming version. (I've been hoping for automated job selection for years now!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:02:43 pm by Taffer »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2014, 07:08:40 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1UtsY0uZVk

Thanks for the laugh, and the criticism. Better?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just the first thing that comes to mind. That one is a bit weird. It looks both cool, and funny at the same time depending on how you see the eyes. I can see the little white dot eyes and it looks kinda cool, but I can also see the black dots as the eyes and then it looks silly.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just the first thing that comes to mind. That one is a bit weird. It looks both cool, and funny at the same time depending on how you see the eyes. I can see the little white dot eyes and it looks kinda cool, but I can also see the black dots as the eyes and then it looks silly.

Blatantly spamming my own thread with more soldier tiles. I think I'm on to a tile I like, however.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50