Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 457771 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.4.1 for v0.44.12 (9x9 and 18x18)
« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2019, 09:25:52 am »

Hi Taffer, I just wanted to start off by saying that I love your tilesets a ton. I've been using your Traditional set for years, probably since around 2015.
Anyways, I wanted to know your policy on modifying/using your tilesets outside of DF. I've started playing around with making a simple ascii game using SadConsole, just a small hobby project that I'll put up on Github at some point.
Sadconsole supports custom tilesets in a similar way to DF, and I would love to use your Traditional set as one of the visual style options. I looked at your Gitlab repository but you don't have a license attached. Are the Taffer sets Copyleft? I would of course give you full attribution. Thanks for the info.
 :)

License added to the repository. CC-BY 4.0. Thanks for asking!

August

• Bay Watcher
  • "No, Urist. You are the Goblins."
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.4.1 for v0.44.12 (9x9 and 18x18)
« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2019, 09:20:55 pm »

License added to the repository. CC-BY 4.0. Thanks for asking!
That's perfect, thanks!
Welcome to the forums, August!
Please leave your sanity on the coat hanger to your left.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.4.1 for v0.44.12, 9x9 or 18x18) (Hiatus)
« Reply #677 on: April 26, 2019, 05:20:04 pm »

I'm on hiatus for now. This is feeling more and more like a chore, to be honest. I don't think I've sat down to actually play in years, excluding testing here and there. No idea when or if I'll return.

Sorry. Hopefully somebody is willing to up to maintain this.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:25:38 pm by Taffer »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 27, 2019, 05:55:02 am »

Sorry to see you go.  :'( Your walls are the best ever!

The direction the tileset took over the last few months was both interesting and beautiful.  8)

Thank you so much for the efforts over the years, you will be missed.  Have fun whatever you get up to.  :)

Koumakan

• Bay Watcher
  • Amanojaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2019, 10:19:18 am »

I've felt the same way for a while, it'll come back eventually, especially if that update drops any time soon.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.4.1 for v0.44.12, 9x9 or 18x18)
« Reply #680 on: June 28, 2019, 05:03:49 pm »

I decided I miss my pixel art-ing, so I'm committing to work on this again. I'll update promptly when the update comes and I'll slowly prepare for better official graphics support.

DF Revised will probably end up supported again as well, but that's significantly more work for me and there's a huge dictionary to slog through and clean up before I promise anything, and my willpower to work on it is low right now.

At least for now I'm dropping support for my creature graphics and I'm switching over entirely to 'dorfletters". This greatly simplifies support for me and let's me focus on other things.

My vision for the upcoming graphics support is "ASCII with benefits".
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:12:58 pm by Taffer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #681 on: June 28, 2019, 05:52:43 pm »

I'll update promptly when the update comes and I'll slowly prepare for better official graphics support.
I'm always open for questions. If you are trying to prepare anything for the upcoming steam version, just send me a PM. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 28, 2019, 06:23:29 pm »

Sorry to see you go.  :'( Your walls are the best ever!

The direction the tileset took over the last few months was both interesting and beautiful.  8)

Thank you so much for the efforts over the years, you will be missed.  Have fun whatever you get up to.  :)

Thank you for the kind words, feelotraveller. I'll keep trying my best!

I've felt the same way for a while, it'll come back eventually, especially if that update drops any time soon.

Damn it, you were right. I can't help it. I didn't even play DF while I was gone.

I'm always open for questions. If you are trying to prepare anything for the upcoming steam version, just send me a PM. :)

Thank you for the kind offer. I'll probably be PMing you.

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 15, 2019, 04:54:35 am »

Hi Taffer,

I'm in my yearly DF period, and as always the first thing I did (after installing DF) was setting up your tileset. So as usual I'm paying my yearly visit for thanking you for this tileset that I find so cute :)

Honestly the dwarf letters was an awesome idea, it makes so much sense to my eyes I find it more vanilla than vanilla itself. I use the sans-serif version with hollow straight walls. I do not use the Taffer colours though, because they are too far from vanilla in my opinion (e.g. gold is not yellow) and instead I use DawnBringer which is a nice balance and works well with Taffer's tileset.

Anyway, excellent work, and I'm happy that despite your recent lack of time/motivation you stick to the "ASCII with benefits" philosophy.

Thank you!

Mahdarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 17, 2019, 09:20:37 am »

Thanks for this tileset, it's exactly what I was looking for. Looks beautiful and maintains the ASCII

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 19, 2019, 12:57:23 pm »

Hi Taffer,

I'm in my yearly DF period, and as always the first thing I did (after installing DF) was setting up your tileset. So as usual I'm paying my yearly visit for thanking you for this tileset that I find so cute :)

Honestly the dwarf letters was an awesome idea, it makes so much sense to my eyes I find it more vanilla than vanilla itself. I use the sans-serif version with hollow straight walls. I do not use the Taffer colours though, because they are too far from vanilla in my opinion (e.g. gold is not yellow) and instead I use DawnBringer which is a nice balance and works well with Taffer's tileset.

Anyway, excellent work, and I'm happy that despite your recent lack of time/motivation you stick to the "ASCII with benefits" philosophy.

Thank you!

Welcome back! I think I deleted Dawnbringer because I thought nobody used it. I'll undo that. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks for this tileset, it's exactly what I was looking for. Looks beautiful and maintains the ASCII

And thank you for the compliment! I'm happy you enjoy it.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.5.0 for v0.44.12, 9x9 or 18x18)
« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2019, 10:47:36 pm »

Another release! This one isn't worth downloading if you're already using my work already: I've mostly just deleted things. As mentioned earlier, for my sanity I'm no longer going to support humanoid graphics. I'm sorry. Dorfletters or bust.

I'm willing to reconsider if I get enough complaints about it, to be honest, but I do hope people will at least give the dorfletters a try.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2019, 04:41:45 pm »

I seldom play this game these days due to mental issues with my diminished imaginative side as it makes playing the game hard to role-play when you no longer have a strong child-like way to make the world come alive from letters and if I do push myself to be more imaginative I just get an headache, sometimes mild, sometimes strong. Been beating myself over about it for months and months now because the game's still fun when my imagination is working.

Mind you, non-ASCII colorful tilesets won't help me either as I still need that imaginative side working to piece together images of various npcs and events and whatnot to make sense of the game.

So, yeah. Got my own reasons why I'm inactive myself and can kinda relate. If it weren't for your tilesets, the game wouldn't feel the same. What I mean by that is I wouldn't be playing the game if only that vertically stretched vanilla ASCII was the only ASCII style to play the game with.
Something about the game's vanilla color-scheme and ASCII style makes me wanna proverbially scrape my eyes out.

Which is why I treasure using your tilesets with 'Taffer' color-scheme, I'm currently using the 18x18 sans-serif one with corner walls due to an headache I had a few months back, thought it would lessen it (the headache) and it kinda did.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 27, 2019, 07:51:59 pm »

I seldom play this game these days due to mental issues with my diminished imaginative side as it makes playing the game hard to role-play when you no longer have a strong child-like way to make the world come alive from letters and if I do push myself to be more imaginative I just get an headache, sometimes mild, sometimes strong. Been beating myself over about it for months and months now because the game's still fun when my imagination is working.

Mind you, non-ASCII colorful tilesets won't help me either as I still need that imaginative side working to piece together images of various npcs and events and whatnot to make sense of the game.

So, yeah. Got my own reasons why I'm inactive myself and can kinda relate. If it weren't for your tilesets, the game wouldn't feel the same. What I mean by that is I wouldn't be playing the game if only that vertically stretched vanilla ASCII was the only ASCII style to play the game with.
Something about the game's vanilla color-scheme and ASCII style makes me wanna proverbially scrape my eyes out.

Which is why I treasure using your tilesets with 'Taffer' color-scheme, I'm currently using the 18x18 sans-serif one with corner walls due to an headache I had a few months back, thought it would lessen it (the headache) and it kinda did.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, Droggarth! I'm happy you can enjoy the game with my tilesets. Happy dorfing!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 30, 2019, 10:33:50 pm »

Which arabic tileset do you prefer?

I love this tileset but I wonder if I went a little overboard with the dots. Should I scale things back?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:36:14 pm by Taffer »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50