Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 457759 times)

Koumakan

• Bay Watcher
  • Amanojaku
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.5.0 for v0.44.12, 9x9 or 18x18)
« Reply #690 on: October 04, 2019, 12:16:19 am »

I think the more dotted version is neat

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 04, 2019, 04:37:32 pm »

Aye, the dotted version! Makes the world feel so much more interesting to look at while adventuring. Man that arabic tileset looks gorgeous.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:42:01 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 06, 2019, 01:47:45 pm »

More dots!
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2020, 09:03:04 pm »

I'm not completely dead. Working on a new version. I'm adding shading back to the arabic tileset to help differentiate decoration from function, and I'm also bringing back nicer dirt and grass tiles at the slight expense of crisp punctuation. Possibly doing more.

I also received a report that the default Pastel colors have a grey that's hard to see. I'll see what I can do about that.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2020, 10:30:48 pm »

I'm not completely dead. Working on a new version. I'm adding shading back to the arabic tileset to help differentiate decoration from function, and I'm also bringing back nicer dirt and grass tiles at the slight expense of crisp punctuation. Possibly doing more.

I also received a report that the default Pastel colors have a grey that's hard to see. I'll see what I can do about that.
Ooh, very nice.
Are you getting any info from anywhere on what might be technically possible post-Steam?  Or are you going to have to wait and see?

If there are fundamental changes to how tilesets work, it'll be odd for a new version to come out and not be able to replace Curses with your set from day 1.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2020, 11:28:04 pm »

More previews! One of the things that I missed about the old 10x10 tilesets were the nice Arabic walls, so I've managed to bring them back in 9x9 form! I'm also experimenting with several tetris-y cyrillic walls. Thoughts? The order in the preview is old cyrillic & arabic walls > new arabic walls > new cyrillic walls option 1 > new cyrillic walls option 2.

I'm not completely sold yet on the new cyrillic walls.

Double-sized next.

Ooh, very nice.
Are you getting any info from anywhere on what might be technically possible post-Steam?  Or are you going to have to wait and see?

If there are fundamental changes to how tilesets work, it'll be odd for a new version to come out and not be able to replace Curses with your set from day 1.

I really don't know a single thing about how the graphics will work post-Steam. Most of what I said in this post is still accurate if I do decide to go all out, I just don't want to promise anything at this point. My Dwarf Fortress work ethic hasn't exactly been stellar lately.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:54:25 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18)
« Reply #696 on: March 19, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »

Updated for v0.47.04. Cyrillic retains the current walls; they're better than either of the two new ones I experimented with.

Arabic got new walls shown above, and the "background pixels" on that tileset are now shaded gray to differentiate them. I also brought back the old rounded punctuation for nicer looking ground at the expense of crisp punctuation.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:13 am »

Updated for v0.47.04. Cyrillic retains the current walls; they're better than either of the two new ones I experimented with.

Arabic got new walls shown above, and the "background pixels" on that tileset are now shaded gray to differentiate them. I also brought back the old rounded punctuation for nicer looking ground at the expense of crisp punctuation.
Download button in opening post doesn't seem to work.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Homo carbonis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 05, 2020, 09:11:04 am »

I'm a a long-time player and inveterate lurker but I always download your tileset when there is a new version of df to play and thought I should log in to say thanks before downloading the latest version. It strikes just the right balance between being abstract enough not to feel as though someone else's ideas of what things should look like are being imposed on you, and yet pleasing to look at (and square). Also it still looks good zoomed in on my HiDPI laptop screen.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2020, 03:19:03 pm »

I'm a a long-time player and inveterate lurker but I always download your tileset when there is a new version of df to play and thought I should log in to say thanks before downloading the latest version. It strikes just the right balance between being abstract enough not to feel as though someone else's ideas of what things should look like are being imposed on you, and yet pleasing to look at (and square). Also it still looks good zoomed in on my HiDPI laptop screen.

Thank you so much for the kind words. If you ever have any requests or suggestions, let me know! I feed on critique.

My work might end up changing a lot when the Steam apocalypse happens, but I'll try to continue striking a nice balance.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2020, 09:36:50 pm »

Ramps! The official preview interested me (even if I think the perfectly straight lines look weird), so I tried to throw together a version of my own. Thoughts? It doesn't tile perfectly, but that's the cost of 9x9.

Once more, only embiggened.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:50:49 pm by Taffer »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.4.1 for v0.44.12 (9x9 and 18x18)
« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2020, 10:48:11 pm »

Q: rectangular menu font?
A: heresy.

Can we have little a rectangular font, as a treat?

Spoiler: arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: about (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: tilesheet (click to show/hide)

Shaving off a pixel helps with readability.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.4.1 for v0.44.12 (9x9 and 18x18)
« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »

Can we have little a rectangular font, as a treat?
Shaving off a pixel helps with readability.

Seriously though, maybe. It depends on how well the implementation actually works in-game. If it ends up with creature descriptions and menu screens obviously off-center or something then probably not. Otherwise, sure.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50