Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 459517 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18
« Reply #735 on: July 03, 2021, 08:45:33 am »

I'm going to be honest and say I've pretty happily retired from Dwarf Fortress. I haven't really thought about it for months, and I haven't been following official development news. As I type this I don't even know if the Steam release happened or if a new version released.

I won't promise to create a new set as mocked up above, but realistically I'm at least more likely to update my tilesets for the big release than Revised. 

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2021, 04:30:45 am »

I for one would be very excited to see your tileset mod for Steam version. Minimalism seems to be a requirement to enjoy DF for me.
Proficient at setting myself on fire in Adventure mode.

Benevolent_Jesus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 23, 2021, 02:12:54 am »

Taffer, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I love your tilesets. They're my absolute favourite. Since you've retired I've taken your tileset and kitbashed it for my own use to learn how things work.
But I've hit a wall. I wanted to make the tileset TWBT compatible, nbut failed. I also wanted to know how did you make your ramps so sexy on that one screenshot from two pages prior.
As I was saying, not sure if you'll ever read it, but thank you for your work for us.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 24, 2021, 02:56:15 pm »

To be clear,  the ramps are not actual in-game image - such isn't possible until Steam DF release.

Not sure what you mean by TWBT compatible, either. Editing the art used in punctuation and words?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 25, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »

Taffer, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I love your tilesets. They're my absolute favourite. Since you've retired I've taken your tileset and kitbashed it for my own use to learn how things work.
But I've hit a wall. I wanted to make the tileset TWBT compatible, nbut failed. I also wanted to know how did you make your ramps so sexy on that one screenshot from two pages prior.
As I was saying, not sure if you'll ever read it, but thank you for your work for us.

It was a mock-up, unfortunately. I’ve never been interested in using TWBT. Not because I don’t like it’s features, but because I don’t like relying on memory-editing third party utilities.

I haven’t been following development, but I was creating mock-ups because whatever new system I’d need to “port” my graphics to and work in, I’m confident I’ll have way more trouble drawing than “coding”. By that logic I never needed to wait for the big steam release to start development, I figured I’d get some of the design work done early.

As far as graphics for the current version go, what’s in the OP is the best I got.

EDIT: I feel like I started rambling and got cranky as I wrote this. I didn’t want to delete it though as it might help explain why I left, lol. I’ll just hide the complaining in a spoiler tag instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:36:41 pm by Taffer »

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets (v6.4.1 for v0.44.12, 9x9 or 18x18)
« Reply #740 on: March 28, 2022, 10:47:37 am »

Hello Taffer,

Coming back one more time to Dwarf Fortress! Since I began by installing your tileset (again), I thought I would pay you a visit :)

It's been a while since the last time but it seems I always come back at some point. I'm a bit sad you got tired of working on the tileset, but hey, in my opinion it is already as good as it can get!

I noticed I can have it work with TWBT. Not sure if I prefer this to vanilla (I know you don't), I'll try for some time.

Hoping you will read this, thank you!

PS: I finally moved to the Taffer colours ;)

Hi Taffer,

I'm in my yearly DF period, and as always the first thing I did (after installing DF) was setting up your tileset. So as usual I'm paying my yearly visit for thanking you for this tileset that I find so cute :)

Honestly the dwarf letters was an awesome idea, it makes so much sense to my eyes I find it more vanilla than vanilla itself. I use the sans-serif version with hollow straight walls. I do not use the Taffer colours though, because they are too far from vanilla in my opinion (e.g. gold is not yellow) and instead I use DawnBringer which is a nice balance and works well with Taffer's tileset.

Anyway, excellent work, and I'm happy that despite your recent lack of time/motivation you stick to the "ASCII with benefits" philosophy.

Thank you!

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 23, 2022, 12:56:19 pm »

All I want for Christmas is the ability to put this tileset on the premium version. The classic ascii option works but putting tilesets on top of it failed horribly when I tried earlier.

whenever we get the ability, I plan on installing taffer again and never looking back :) Iv been using this probably since 2012 when you posted the topic. to me it IS vanilla df haha.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 23, 2022, 05:47:43 pm »

All I want for Christmas is the ability to put this tileset on the premium version. The classic ascii option works but putting tilesets on top of it failed horribly when I tried earlier.

whenever we get the ability, I plan on installing taffer again and never looking back :) Iv been using this probably since 2012 when you posted the topic. to me it IS vanilla df haha.
10x10 Taffer worked OK for me (but is too small for my monitor).
18x18 pretty much works. Had to make BASIC_FONT curses 16x16 or the worldgen buttons were not clickable, but into the game and it's looking OK so far (albeit with some letters slightly cut off at the bottom right now).

No option to replace the trees in 50.x though.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]