Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: |{The Ghost Town of Dabblingromance}|  (Read 1065 times)

Pbrandon1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
|{The Ghost Town of Dabblingromance}|
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »

Well, I was derping around and I saw a town, so I thought "I could trade some of the stuff I had found from killing that master". So I head over there to find an armor shop and a weapon..instead I found a bunch of abandoned shops.

If someone tells me how to take a picture I'll show you.

The only thing that I found was a leather shop and a woven shop with no one in it.

I went to the castle in the middle of the town and really no one was in it. Only a gem cutter and a hunter.

Has anyone seen this before?

Oh it says a goblin is here so I think thats why the town is mostly uninhabited.

The market shop is there and barley filled with merchants.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |{The Ghost Town of Dabblingromance}|
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »

Put the poor sods out of there misery.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:37:07 pm »

Depopulation. That, and a bug caused by the denizens of world gen deciding to build new shops, abandon them and build new ones instead of renovating old ones.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »

To take a screenshot, press the 'print screen' key. It's usually near the home/end/pg up/pg dn keys. Then open up a paint and paste it and save.

Upload to img.ie or other similar service.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »

It happens sometimes. Might it have also to do with hostiles activity? Because it's seemingly started becoming a nuisance ever since I modded in beastmen, birdmen and lizardmen from the strongest vanilla "man" creatures as steel-wearing hostile civilizations. Like, "an empty town? again?"

Maybe it's like those combat reports you see posted in fortress mode forums where one guy has warded off a siege - again.

I once found a town with literally nobody else in it than a demon deity. He was wearing stuff made from the citizens, too. Too bad I deleted that save, but the jewelry found there seemed to suggest he wasn't their leader straightaway.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:21:47 am »

I bet vampires have something to do with it as well. Since they seem to kill so often having few vampires in a city could probably kill off large parts of the population.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »

People die of old age. The best way to avoid this is not to run world gen for more than ~125-200 years.