Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: had a maybe brilliant idea that could improve adventure mode  (Read 1436 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
had a maybe brilliant idea that could improve adventure mode
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:25 pm »

how about adding a sub castes to dwarves that can use spells from dungeons and dragons, world of darkness, pathfinder, and other board games?

it would give us something to toy with while we let toady work on the adventure coding, heck maybe even add a few planes for us to adventure in

also monsters, lots of monsters from the game(s)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: had a maybe brilliant idea that could improve adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »

Adding sub castes is totally possible, it just takes a little work. Heck I bet you could probably figure out how to do it in week or two of work.

As for the planes, that is sadly undoable at the current time.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tautou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »

As for the planes, that is sadly undoable at the current time.

Unfortunate. That would be pretty intense.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »

Content, not mechanics. That's what should be remembered when it comes to current modding capabilities.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:02 pm »

Content, not mechanics. That's what should be remembered when it comes to current modding capabilities.

Indeed. You can make Ogres form a civ, give them new weapons, and give them syndromes to make a makeshift magical ability, but you cannot have them take up multible tiles or have them dig when assulting your fort.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Please, dear god, save me.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

I'm really excited to start running this program, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has some. I'm running 10.6.8 and every time i try to run the program I get a 'MacNewbie quit unexpectedly' prompt. I am unable to even get the program to begin running before it quits. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? I"m jonesin' bad for some hardcore DF, so believe me when I say, any and all advice would really be appreciated. :-\

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Please, dear god, save me.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:51 pm »

I'm really excited to start running this program, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has some. I'm running 10.6.8 and every time i try to run the program I get a 'MacNewbie quit unexpectedly' prompt. I am unable to even get the program to begin running before it quits. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? I"m jonesin' bad for some hardcore DF, so believe me when I say, any and all advice would really be appreciated.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Please, dear god, save me.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »

I'm really excited to start running this program, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has some. I'm running 10.6.8 and every time i try to run the program I get a 'MacNewbie quit unexpectedly' prompt. I am unable to even get the program to begin running before it quits. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? I"m jonesin' bad for some hardcore DF, so believe me when I say, any and all advice would really be appreciated.

you a spambot? that post makes absolutely no sense in this thread

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:47:28 pm »

My apologies. I meant to post this on the MacNewbie Pack thread. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, but obviously something went horribly wrong. Disregard.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

I actualy think he might be one of the varying trolls that have managed to worm there way here.

On the off chance he is not, however, post that in the thread it belongs, Rupert. No reason to post in a unrelated thread.

Oh, wait, nevermind. Good luck, and Armokspeed!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »

My apologies. I meant to post this on the MacNewbie Pack thread. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, but obviously something went horribly wrong. Disregard.
i thought that might be it. the doublepost and the escaped lunatic status made my spambot detecting senses tingle, though.