Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workshop Profiles  (Read 535 times)

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
Workshop Profiles
« on: May 22, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

Whenever I set workshop profiles to allow only certain dwarfs inside, it always ends up keeping EVERY dwarf from using the shop.  For instance: I have "Carpenter" and a "Competent Carpenter,"  I set the carpenter's workshop minimum skill level to "competent" and then filled up the workshop with orders for beds.  My competent carpenter, who has used the workshop many times in the past, shows "no job" and won't use the shop.  I tried setting the minimum level back down all the way to dabbling and then selected my competent carpenter from the list of names, making him the only dwarf allowed to use the shop.  Still he won't go inside and is listed as no job.  Is this a bug I don't know about?  Thanks for any help.

PS: second, smaller question.  I made a finished goods pile and set it to allow metal objects and to allow anvils, but the dwarfs wouldn't put the starting anvil into it, even though the wagon was disassembled and all of it's contents were stored away.  Is there something special about starting anvils?  Once I made a magma forge, the metalcrafter grabbed the anvil from the upstairs lawn and used it to build the forge.

Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop Profiles
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

I'm not sure about the profiles problem, but the stockpile problem might be a quality thing.  Make sure you're allowing all qualities of items (both "core" and "total").  If you've disallowed every item quality, then nothing can go in the stockpile.