Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animals are going missing.  (Read 3848 times)

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animals are going missing.
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:44:36 pm »

I'm completely baffled. Did Toady add Chupacabras?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Animals are going missing.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:50:21 pm »

If your animals are killed and no dwarf sees the bodies, then they are declared missing the same as a dwarf. This can happen if they are slain by invaders far away from the base, if they get lost in the caverns, if they end up in an inaccessible place (such as death by falling into a pit or off of a waterfall), or if they die in a method that destroys their corpse (such as being immersed in magma or being atom-smashed).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:52:28 pm »

If your animals are killed and no dwarf sees the bodies, then they are declared missing the same as a dwarf. This can happen if they are slain by invaders far away from the base, if they get lost in the caverns, if they end up in an inaccessible place (such as death by falling into a pit or off of a waterfall), or if they die in a method that destroys their corpse (such as being immersed in magma or being atom-smashed).

This is known. However, there are no invaders on-screen, I have not breached the caverns, I haven't done my wells or pits, and haven't hit magma.

Could these, perhaps, be animal tribe livestock? I got a message earlier about a martial trance. When I zoomed to the location, it was at -48z, where I've yet to dig. Any ideas?

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »

Oh, mystery solved. They died in their cages.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:27:25 pm »

was just going to say that, bah
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.